- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 2 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 1 day ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 4 days ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 4 weeks ago
Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI Crash
Casale is also charged with second degree assault by auto and possession of controlled dangerous substance paraphernalia. In addition, Casale was also issued traffic summonses for driving while under the influence, driving while under the influence within 1,000 feet of a school, careless driving, reckless driving and failure to maintain his lane.
It is alleged that at approximately 7:45 a.m. on Friday March 3, Villanella and her 30-year-old brother were waiting at a bus stop at Lakeside Avenue and Pease Avenue when a 2006 white Mitsubishi driven by Casale struck the sister and brother.
Ms. Villanella sustained fatal injuries. Her brother was critically injured. He remains hospitalized in stable condition.
Casale is scheduled to make his first court appearance tomorrow in Central Judicial Processing.
He is currently being held in the Essex County Correctional Facility in Newark pending arraignment.
These are accusations. All defendants are presumed innocent unless and until they enter a guilty plea or are found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.
The investigation is active and ongoing. It is being conducted by the Verona Police Department and the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crimes/ Crash Investigative Unit.
Assistant Prosecutor Tara Creegan is handling the case. Additional information will be released as it becomes available.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To Hospital
RepublishReprint A two-car accident early this evening near the corner...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Ribbon Cutting At Verona Place Apartments
RepublishReprint Some tenants have already unpacked their belongings, but...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Letter: Fiscal Responsibility In Our Election
RepublishReprint To The Editor: With the new Town Council...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago