- Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017Posted 5 hours ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
Richard Kleissler, Former VHS Teacher And Guidance Director
Richard Kleissler, 80, of West Caldwell and Avon-by-the-Sea died on January 27, 2017 at home surrounded by his loving family. Relatives and friends are invited for visitation on Tuesday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Farmer Funeral Home, 45 Roseland Ave., Roseland. A Funeral Mass will be offered on Wednesday 10 am at Notre Dame Church, North Caldwell. Cremation will be private. Condolences and memories may be shared at farmerfuneral.com.
Born and raised in the Vailsburg section of Newark, Dick attended Seton Hall Prep and graduated in 1954. He went on to Seton Hall University, where he received his undergraduate and Ed. S. degree. Throughout his life, he was an avid Seton Hall basketball and baseball fan. Go Pirates! He also enjoyed watching Notre Dame football. For 36 years, he was employed by the Verona school district. He began his career teaching Latin and English and retired as the director of guidance. In addition to teaching, he was a private marriage and family counselor for over 30 years. Dick was a man of great character and strong faith, devoted to his family and friends. He touched many lives through his work and personal relationships and will be forever missed for his patience, humility, sense of humor and generosity.
He is predeceased by his parents, Edwin and Elizabeth Kleissler. Surviving is his beloved wife of 25 years, Mary Jean Kleissler; devoted children, Terrence Kleissler, Ellen Meyer (Michael) and Megan Lavoie (Justin); cherished grandchildren, Ryan and Carli Lavoie and Charley and Henry Meyer; and his loving siblings, Edwin Kleissler (Gert), Fr. Thomas Kleissler and Richard’s twin brother, Robert Kleissler.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in his memory to the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2017 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017
RepublishReprint The Verona Police Department logged a total of...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Town Council Candidates: Volunteer Service
RepublishReprint Prev1 of 7Next Sorry, Dunkin’ Donuts: Verona runs...
- Posted 6 hours ago
The Filmmaker From VHS ’03
RepublishReprint Bobby Kruger graduated Verona High School with the...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago