- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 5 days ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Top Stories For 2016Posted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 9-16, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For November 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 2 – December 9, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 25 – December 2, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 2 months ago
Find Time For Joy
Joy can be hard for those going through difficult times. Like Peace, you have to find the time to allow yourself Joy. And it doesn’t have to be earth-shattering event, like a wedding or the birth of a child. Joy can be found in quiet moments if you look for it. There can be joy in finding a good parking space at the mall or in receiving a phone call from a friend you haven’t heard from in a long time. It can be in hearing your favorite song or getting a wave from a neighbor. There can be joy in a holiday greeting or in a flock of birds flying overhead. Every morning, with the sun coming up in the east, there is joy in this world.
Don’t shut yourself off from joy. Observe your own world to find the little joys. If you look carefully you can find so many just within the confines of our own town. Don’t let the negative hold you back; open yourself up to the possibility of joy.
If you find that you cannot experience joy at this time of year, a quick recommendation (but not a solution): On Tuesday, December 20 at 7:30 p.m. there will be a “Blue Christmas” a service of worship co-hosted by the First Presbyterian Church and Holy Spirit Episcopal Church. The service will be held at First Presbyterian Church, located at 10 Fairview Avenue just off Bloomfield Avenue, and is for anyone who finds that Christmas can be a challenging time. It is an opportunity to walk away from the chaos and let soft light and gentle music speak to you of healing and the presence of God in your life.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago