- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 5 days ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Top Stories For 2016Posted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 9-16, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For November 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 2 – December 9, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 25 – December 2, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 2 months ago
Environmental Leader With Verona Roots Slams Trump’s EPA Pick
For more than 30 years, Fred Krupp has been president of one of the world’s leading environmental advocacy groups, the Environmental Defense Fund. He’s been front and center at some of the largest efforts to combat climate change, like the historic Paris Agreement. Before all this, however, he was a student in Verona who created the first Earth Day celebration at Verona High School in 1970.
Shortly after the election of Donald Trump as president, Krupp pledged to keep fighting for a safe, healthy environment. Now, Krupp is calling Trump’s nomination of Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to be the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency “deeply troubling”:
“President-elect Trump’s choice for EPA Administrator has a record of attacking the environmental protections that EPA is charged with enforcing,” said Krupp. “Every President-elect has a right to assemble his team, and many nominations are approved by a simple voice vote in the Senate. Scott Pruitt has built his political career by trying to undermine EPA’s mission of environmental protection. He is a deeply troubling choice to head the agency that protects the clean air all Americans breathe and the clean water we drink. Our country needs – and deserves – an EPA Administrator who is guided by science, who respects America’s environmental laws, and who values protecting the health and safety of all Americans ahead of the lobbying agenda of special interests.”
You can read the rest of the EDF’s statement on Krupp’s remarks here.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago