- Verona Police Blotter: April 9-15, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: April 2-8, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Crack Down On Distracted DrivingPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 26–April 1, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rochelle Park Police Nab Alleged Verona Bank SkimmersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 month ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 month ago
Environmental Leader With Verona Roots Slams Trump’s EPA Pick
For more than 30 years, Fred Krupp has been president of one of the world’s leading environmental advocacy groups, the Environmental Defense Fund. He’s been front and center at some of the largest efforts to combat climate change, like the historic Paris Agreement. Before all this, however, he was a student in Verona who created the first Earth Day celebration at Verona High School in 1970.
Shortly after the election of Donald Trump as president, Krupp pledged to keep fighting for a safe, healthy environment. Now, Krupp is calling Trump’s nomination of Oklahoma Attorney General Scott Pruitt to be the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency “deeply troubling”:
“President-elect Trump’s choice for EPA Administrator has a record of attacking the environmental protections that EPA is charged with enforcing,” said Krupp. “Every President-elect has a right to assemble his team, and many nominations are approved by a simple voice vote in the Senate. Scott Pruitt has built his political career by trying to undermine EPA’s mission of environmental protection. He is a deeply troubling choice to head the agency that protects the clean air all Americans breathe and the clean water we drink. Our country needs – and deserves – an EPA Administrator who is guided by science, who respects America’s environmental laws, and who values protecting the health and safety of all Americans ahead of the lobbying agenda of special interests.”
You can read the rest of the EDF’s statement on Krupp’s remarks here.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Town Council Candidates Forum Wednesday
RepublishReprint This Wednesday, April 26, MyVeronaNJ.com will give the...
- Posted 9 hours ago
Girls Lax Sweeps Caldwell In ECT Quarterfinals
RepublishReprint The Essex County Tournament lacrosse game was barely...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Friday Meet & Greet For Ford
RepublishReprint Another Verona family held a Meet and Greet...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago