- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 6 hours ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 4 days ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 4 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ Reader SurveyPosted 4 weeks ago
Give The Gift Of Peace
Today is the Second Sunday in Advent, and for many Christian denominations the candle that is lit today represents Peace. But I don’t think you have to be a Christian to light a candle today (or any day) for peace.
As the holidays (I’m not just talking about Christmas) approach, don’t we all long for peace? With 2016 coming to an end (and for many of us it can’t come soon enough), are we getting caught up in the chaos of the season? (I know this is something that I am continually guilty of.) Or has this entire year of ups and downs brought you to a place of stress, depression and/or frustration? With all the craziness that is going on in the world, aren’t we all feeling the need for peace? Don’t we long for peace?
Maybe we can’t bring about world peace, but we can bring peace to our world. We can refuse to let the craziness get to us. We can reject chaos and embrace kindness. We can make time for the things that bring us peace, whether it be spending more time with loved ones or spending more time alone; volunteering for a favorite cause (and there are plenty of local causes that could use some help) or doing some “retail therapy.” It’s not about what you “should do” but what you “want to do” (whatever that may be) to bring you personal peace. (And that will be different for every person.)
This holiday season, give yourself the gift of peace. Find it in whatever form you need it. Remember the song:
Click here for reuse options!
Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step I take
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
In peace eternally.
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
Copyright 2016 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017
RepublishReprint March 12, 2017 7:39 AM: Officer Michael Barone...
- Posted 6 hours ago
OLL 6th Grader Wins Sportsmanship Award
RepublishReprint Six grader John “Bobby” Duff has made Our...
- Posted 13 hours ago
De Mattheis Investments Completes Luxury Multifamily Complex In Downtown Verona
RepublishReprint Following 14 months of construction, De Mattheis Investments...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago