- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 2 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 3 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 6 days ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 4 weeks ago
Pumpkins, Apples And More At Morgan’s Farm
Morgan’s Farm is just over the border from Verona in Cedar Grove. Which means that you won’t have to travel far to get your fall fill of pumpkins and apples.
The farm, which is usually only open on Saturday mornings for vegetable sales, will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend for the sale. Pumpkins of all sizes will be available, as well as apples and locally produced honey. There will also be pumpkin painting, baked goods and other fun, as well as tours of the Morgan’s Farm farmhouse.
Saturday is also movie night at the farm and there are two movies with Halloween themes: It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Young Frankenstein. Kids can work on fall crafts beginning at 5 p.m. and the movies will start at dusk, which is likely to be around 6:30 p.m. Remember to bring a blanket and chairs for comfortable seating.
Morgan’s Farm is located at 903 Pompton Avenue in Cedar Grove. The 14 acre-site was farmed continuously from the 1845 until 1985 when Courtenay Morgan donated the farm to Cedar Grove. It is now operated under the auspices of the Cedar Grove Historical Society and Verona residents John and Julie Ostering revived the farm in 2013. It now features a wide variety of organically grown vegetables, which will be on sale through the end of October.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Wye Not: A Peter Frelinghuysen Moment
RepublishReprint No, that’s not a typo in the headline....
- Posted 3 hours ago
Real Estate: Own Verona History
RepublishReprint There are new residences in Verona. This week...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Library To Close, Relocate For Gut Renovation
RepublishReprint There are more than 35,000 books in the...
- Posted 7 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago