- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 2 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 1 day ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 4 days ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 4 weeks ago
Eric Mortenson Memorial Golf Tournament
The Eric Mortenson Scholarship Fund Committee proudly announces that the fall golf tournament will again be played at Montclair Golf Club and will be the primary fundraiser for the annual Eric Mortenson Memorial Scholarship which is presented each year at Verona High School. In 2016, $6,000 was awarded to high school seniors. Some proceeds may also be used for Verona Recreation programs.
Eric Mortenson, a 1961 graduate of Montclair High School, was a former director of the Verona Recreation Department who passed away from cancer in 2001. From 1971 when he was hired, to his death, he helped start dozens of recreation programs in Verona.
By special arrangement, the Eric Mortenson Scholarship Fund Committee is able to offer Verona residents and people who work full time in Verona or graduated from Verona High School a fabulous day of golf at Montclair Golf Club on Tuesday, October 11, and the opportunity to bring up to three guests without the residency requirement. There are limited spots available for this tournament at a fee of $150 per golfer, which includes golf, cart, dinner, beverages and gratuities.
The golf tournament will begin with a shotgun start at noon. Prizes will be awarded at dinner at the Verona Community Center Ballroom immediately following play. There will be good food, prizes, and more.
For more information on the sponsorship, golf and dinner package, please download this form. Checks should be made payable to the Eric Mortenson Scholarship Fund and sent to the Verona Recreation Dept., 880 Bloomfield Ave., Verona, NJ 07044. Registration is recommended by foursomes. Questions: contact the Committee at 973-715-8700 or [email protected]Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2016 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To Hospital
RepublishReprint A two-car accident early this evening near the corner...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Ribbon Cutting At Verona Place Apartments
RepublishReprint Some tenants have already unpacked their belongings, but...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Letter: Fiscal Responsibility In Our Election
RepublishReprint To The Editor: With the new Town Council...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago