- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 6 hours ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 4 days ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 2 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 4 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ Reader SurveyPosted 4 weeks ago
Medicare Info Session Thursday At Pilgrim Diner
Verona resident Nick Frank will be holding an information session on a way to lower Medicare costs next year at the Pilgrim Diner at 10 a.m. Light snacks and refreshments will be served. The Pilgrim Diner is located at 82 Pompton Avenue, opposite the Pilgrim Shopping Center.
Frank, the president of Absolute Insurance Management, is calling 2016 a “double whammy” for people who rely on Medicare. That’s because, for only the third time in 40 years, there will be no cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) to Social Security. In addition, the cost of Medicare Part B will rise sharply for a third of the people on Medicare, from $104.90 a month to $159.30. One more bit of bad news: Prices on most of the top drug plans for seniors will also be rising.
On Thursday, Frank will speak about a new company in the Medicare insurance market: Clover Health, which is a PPO plan that is using proprietary technology to cut overhead so much that most of its plans have no deductible, no primary care co-pay and customers can see any practice that accepts Medicare anywhere in the U.S.
The open enrollment period for Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare prescription drug coverage ends on December 7.
For more information, call Frank at 973-470-8333.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2015 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017
RepublishReprint March 12, 2017 7:39 AM: Officer Michael Barone...
- Posted 6 hours ago
OLL 6th Grader Wins Sportsmanship Award
RepublishReprint Six grader John “Bobby” Duff has made Our...
- Posted 13 hours ago
De Mattheis Investments Completes Luxury Multifamily Complex In Downtown Verona
RepublishReprint Following 14 months of construction, De Mattheis Investments...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago