- Car, Van Collide At Lakeside DeliPosted 6 days ago
- Suspicious Male At PreschoolPosted 1 month ago
- Manhole Explosions Close Bloomfield AvenuePosted 2 months ago
- Snow Closes Schools, Postpones Musical, PlayoffsPosted 2 months ago
- Snow Day 2: Verona Public Schools ClosedPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent Warns About DriverPosted 3 months ago
- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 3 months ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 3 months ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 4 months ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 4 months ago
A Fundraiser For Zoey
It’s been four years since Verona learned about Zoey Penny and the rapid aging disease that changed her young life. But while other fundraisers have faded, efforts to fund the fight against progeria are still going strong.
Earlier this summer, three sisters–Georgeanne, Marguerite and Veronica Valera–and their friend Sophia Villani held a sale in the Valera’s front yard of loom bracelets and pot holders they had made to raise money for Team Zoey. “They chose Team Zoey by themselves,” says dad Rich Valera, “and then pursued sales with surprising enthusiasm; persisting after multiple hours in the hot sun towards their ambitious goal of $200, which they fell a bit short of.” The girls ended up raising $170, all of which has been donated to Team Zoey, the non-profit that channels money to the Progeria Research Foundation.
“Needless to say, as the parent of three of the girls,” says Rich Valera, “I was proud of how hard they worked for something that was only going to benefit them in the satisfaction they would get from helping others.”
Get News Updates By Email
Machnowski Wins State Bike Championship
Nina Machnowski won the Middle School-Women’s Open NJ State...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Save This Historic Home
This past week, Verona lost a Civil War-era Victorian...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Juniors Extend Campaign Against Child Abuse
As part of the Pinwheels for Prevention campaign during...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago