- Verona Police Blotter: April 15-22Posted 5 days ago
- Bear Spotted Near ClaridgePosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Save A Life–In Verona, ItalyPosted 2 weeks ago
- What You Need To Know About The 2016 Town BudgetPosted 2 weeks ago
- $500 Reward For Field VandalsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: April 1-8Posted 3 weeks ago
- Mount Prospect ClosedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Big Lottery Winner At 7-ElevenPosted 3 weeks ago
- How To Help The Montclair Animal Shelter After The FirePosted 4 weeks ago
- Montclair Animal Shelter Burns, Pets Need HelpPosted 4 weeks ago
A Fundraiser For Zoey
It’s been four years since Verona learned about Zoey Penny and the rapid aging disease that changed her young life. But while other fundraisers have faded, efforts to fund the fight against progeria are still going strong.
Earlier this summer, three sisters–Georgeanne, Marguerite and Veronica Valera–and their friend Sophia Villani held a sale in the Valera’s front yard of loom bracelets and pot holders they had made to raise money for Team Zoey. “They chose Team Zoey by themselves,” says dad Rich Valera, “and then pursued sales with surprising enthusiasm; persisting after multiple hours in the hot sun towards their ambitious goal of $200, which they fell a bit short of.” The girls ended up raising $170, all of which has been donated to Team Zoey, the non-profit that channels money to the Progeria Research Foundation.
“Needless to say, as the parent of three of the girls,” says Rich Valera, “I was proud of how hard they worked for something that was only going to benefit them in the satisfaction they would get from helping others.”
Get News Updates By Email
Verona United Tryouts Next Week
Verona United Soccer Club invites boys and girls, born...
- Posted 32 mins ago
Final Kindergarten Workshop This Saturday
The final pre-kindergarten workshops for children who will enter...
- Posted 33 mins ago
Winkler Creates Sunday Supper Meal Program
Cianna Winkler, a member of the First Presbyterian Church...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago