- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 1 day ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 week ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 2 months ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 2 months ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 2 months ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 2 months ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
A Fundraiser For Zoey
It’s been four years since Verona learned about Zoey Penny and the rapid aging disease that changed her young life. But while other fundraisers have faded, efforts to fund the fight against progeria are still going strong.
Earlier this summer, three sisters–Georgeanne, Marguerite and Veronica Valera–and their friend Sophia Villani held a sale in the Valera’s front yard of loom bracelets and pot holders they had made to raise money for Team Zoey. “They chose Team Zoey by themselves,” says dad Rich Valera, “and then pursued sales with surprising enthusiasm; persisting after multiple hours in the hot sun towards their ambitious goal of $200, which they fell a bit short of.” The girls ended up raising $170, all of which has been donated to Team Zoey, the non-profit that channels money to the Progeria Research Foundation.
“Needless to say, as the parent of three of the girls,” says Rich Valera, “I was proud of how hard they worked for something that was only going to benefit them in the satisfaction they would get from helping others.”
Get News Updates By Email
Michael Frey, 95
Mr. Michael Frey, 95, died on September 28, 2014...
- Posted 9 hours ago
Marching Band Hosts Festival October 5
On Sunday, October 5 at 1 p.m., Verona’s award-winning...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Verona View: Rainbow In The Park
Photographer: Mike Guerin You’ll see a lot walking around...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago