- No, It’s Not The IRS CallingPosted 6 days ago
- Planning Board Approves VHS Field RenovationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Teen Arrested In Gas Station BurglaryPosted 3 weeks ago
- Planning Board Hears Field Plan As Costs RisePosted 4 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Promotions For Verona Police OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Pair Charged With Verona BurglariesPosted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For November 2015Posted 2 months ago
- VHS Alumnus Krupp Hails Climate Change AccordPosted 2 months ago
Big Parking Change At Laning
The Council resolution has made the entire frontage of the school on Lanning Road into a no parking zone. The curb was painted yellow today from the end of the backyard of the house at 70 Elmwood Road all the way down to the driveway of the house at the opposite corner, 33 Otsego. (The southern side of Lanning Road was not affected by the changes. No, we have no idea how the school become Laning Avenue when the street is called Lanning Road.)
What this means is that there will be one or two legal spaces by the Elmwood house and another one or two by the Otsego house. Everything else on the north side is off limits. Police Chief Doug Huber stressed at last night’s Council meeting that drivers won’t be ticketed for stopping briefly to drop off or pick up children. But you’d best forget about pulling in at 2:15 p.m. and waiting for school to end. Or parking right in front of school for Laning’s Back to School night on Wednesday, September 10, or for any of the after-school or weekend activities in Laning’s gym. “If they are parked there for that long, that would be a problem,” Huber said.
The other additions to no-parking zones are the bends on Balston Drive, Whitney Terrace and Windemere Road, as well as the section of Bloomfield Avenue east bound that is just before the entrance to the 7-Eleven.
Get News Updates By Email
HBW Teacher Braves Amazon For Lesson Plans
If you were told to jump in a river...
- Posted 14 hours ago
China Night Delights
The Mandarin students in Verona’s public schools came together...
- Posted 24 hours ago
Rosalind Mehr Krupp, Former VHS Teacher & Avid Gardener
Rosalind Mehr Krupp, of Verona, North Caldwell and Maplewood,...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago