- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 2 days ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 week ago
- Top Stories For September 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- PBA, Town Talk Tech But No SolutionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veronan Named NJ Teacher Of The YearPosted 4 weeks ago
- Gas Station Murder Case To Be RetriedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 1 month ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For August 2014Posted 2 months ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 2 months ago
Big Parking Change At Laning
The Council resolution has made the entire frontage of the school on Lanning Road into a no parking zone. The curb was painted yellow today from the end of the backyard of the house at 70 Elmwood Road all the way down to the driveway of the house at the opposite corner, 33 Otsego. (The southern side of Lanning Road was not affected by the changes. No, we have no idea how the school become Laning Avenue when the street is called Lanning Road.)
What this means is that there will be one or two legal spaces by the Elmwood house and another one or two by the Otsego house. Everything else on the north side is off limits. Police Chief Doug Huber stressed at last night’s Council meeting that drivers won’t be ticketed for stopping briefly to drop off or pick up children. But you’d best forget about pulling in at 2:15 p.m. and waiting for school to end. Or parking right in front of school for Laning’s Back to School night on Wednesday, September 10, or for any of the after-school or weekend activities in Laning’s gym. “If they are parked there for that long, that would be a problem,” Huber said.
The other additions to no-parking zones are the bends on Balston Drive, Whitney Terrace and Windemere Road, as well as the section of Bloomfield Avenue east bound that is just before the entrance to the 7-Eleven.
Get News Updates By Email
Eagles Tie Caldwell, Eye Playoffs
Last Sunday the two top teams from each division...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Cub Scouts Collect Candy For Troops
If your goblins get an excess of Halloween candy...
- Posted 22 hours ago
New Business: Success Street
Many Verona parents know how to coach a child...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago