- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 7 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 2 weeks ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 2 weeks ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 4 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
VHS Banners Tell School Story
Lamp-post banners: Montclair uses them to sing the praises of local shopping and colleges use them to cheer on their sports teams. Now Verona High School has them to remind its students and the community what the high school is all about.
A series of banners, which now line Sampson Drive from Grove Street to Fairview Avenue, were given to the school by the VHS SCA’s needs assessment committee. The idea was to incorporate the core values from the Verona Public Schools’ 2013-2018 Strategic Plan–collaboration, diligence, initiative, integrity, respect and responsibility–into a project. The committee tossed around several ideas before hitting on the idea of banners, which they felt would have the biggest impact in relation to the limited money the committee had–roughly $4,500.
Vivian DiStaso, the outgoing SCA president, was instrumental in getting the design ready, and the committee, which consisted of DiStaso, SCA members Don Flood, Lisa Freschi and Daphne Smith as well as VHS teacher Dr. Stacy Smith and VHS Principal Glenn Cesa, worked with Paul McDevitt, the school district’s director of facilities, to complete the project for opening day. Verona’s Department of Public Works installed the banners.
Get News Updates By Email
Thanksgiving Football Game Cancelled
The Thanksgiving football game between Verona and Caldwell has...
- Posted 5 hours ago
For Thanksgiving, An Animal Rescue
This past weekend, with Thanksgiving and all of its...
- Posted 7 hours ago
For Thanksgiving, Gratitude And Graffiti
When you go for a stroll to walk off...
- Posted 7 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago