- Verona Police Blotter: April 9-15, 2017Posted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: April 2-8, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Crack Down On Distracted DrivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 26–April 1, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rochelle Park Police Nab Alleged Verona Bank SkimmersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 month ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 month ago
VHS Banners Tell School Story
Lamp-post banners: Montclair uses them to sing the praises of local shopping and colleges use them to cheer on their sports teams. Now Verona High School has them to remind its students and the community what the high school is all about.
A series of banners, which now line Sampson Drive from Grove Street to Fairview Avenue, were given to the school by the VHS SCA’s needs assessment committee. The idea was to incorporate the core values from the Verona Public Schools’ 2013-2018 Strategic Plan–collaboration, diligence, initiative, integrity, respect and responsibility–into a project. The committee tossed around several ideas before hitting on the idea of banners, which they felt would have the biggest impact in relation to the limited money the committee had–roughly $4,500.
Vivian DiStaso, the outgoing SCA president, was instrumental in getting the design ready, and the committee, which consisted of DiStaso, SCA members Don Flood, Lisa Freschi and Daphne Smith as well as VHS teacher Dr. Stacy Smith and VHS Principal Glenn Cesa, worked with Paul McDevitt, the school district’s director of facilities, to complete the project for opening day. Verona’s Department of Public Works installed the banners.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Friday Meet & Greet For Ford
RepublishReprint Another Verona family held a Meet and Greet...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Wye Not: Politics, Or Pasta?
RepublishReprint Since the presidential election last November, Verona resident...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Real Estate: Starter Homes And Price Cuts
RepublishReprint Often, the hardest thing about living in Verona...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago