- Suspicious Male At PreschoolPosted 13 hours ago
- Manhole Explosions Close Bloomfield AvenuePosted 3 weeks ago
- Snow Closes Schools, Postpones Musical, PlayoffsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Snow Day 2: Verona Public Schools ClosedPosted 2 months ago
- Superintendent Warns About DriverPosted 2 months ago
- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 2 months ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 2 months ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 3 months ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 3 months ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 3 months ago
Caring For Older Special Needs Child
United Way of Northern New Jersey Caregivers Coalition invites area caregivers to attend a free dinner seminar on Tuesday, September 23, to learn what happens when a child with special needs turns 18 and how to prepare for it. The “munch and learn” educational presentation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Bayberry Café at HackensackUMC Mountainside, 1 Bay Avenue in Montclair. Laurie Hauptman, special needs and elder care attorney at Hauptman & Hauptman, PC, will share her expertise on the subject.
Unpaid caregivers are the family members and friends who help loved ones of any age who are ill, frail or living with a disability or mental illness. Caregivers help their loved ones with a range of tasks from paying bills or driving to doctors, to personal care such as bathing and dressing, to medical care such as administering medication.
Free educational presentations are one of the services United Way Caregivers Coalition provides to help unpaid caregivers better access information while giving them the support they need in their caregiving role. The Coalition brings together caregivers, medical professionals, social service agencies, businesses, and other community groups to support unpaid family caregivers in suburban Essex County.
Space is limited and registration is required by September 18. To register, email [email protected] or call 973.746.4040 x209.
Get News Updates By Email
Leonard Edward Anderson, 1932 – 2015
Leonard Anderson of Dalton, Mass. died on March 27...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Suspicious Male At Preschool
The Verona Police Department has just sent out this...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Take Out Dinner To Help VHS Wrestling
On April 16, the “Fundraising Thursday” night at Lakeside...
- Posted 15 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago