- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 1 day ago
- MyVeronaNJ Reader SurveyPosted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 10-17, 2017Posted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 3–10, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Delayed Opening February 13Posted 2 weeks ago
- Snow Day!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 2 months ago
Caring For Older Special Needs Child
United Way of Northern New Jersey Caregivers Coalition invites area caregivers to attend a free dinner seminar on Tuesday, September 23, to learn what happens when a child with special needs turns 18 and how to prepare for it. The “munch and learn” educational presentation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Bayberry Café at HackensackUMC Mountainside, 1 Bay Avenue in Montclair. Laurie Hauptman, special needs and elder care attorney at Hauptman & Hauptman, PC, will share her expertise on the subject.
Unpaid caregivers are the family members and friends who help loved ones of any age who are ill, frail or living with a disability or mental illness. Caregivers help their loved ones with a range of tasks from paying bills or driving to doctors, to personal care such as bathing and dressing, to medical care such as administering medication.
Free educational presentations are one of the services United Way Caregivers Coalition provides to help unpaid caregivers better access information while giving them the support they need in their caregiving role. The Coalition brings together caregivers, medical professionals, social service agencies, businesses, and other community groups to support unpaid family caregivers in suburban Essex County.
Space is limited and registration is required by September 18. To register, email [email protected] or call 973.746.4040 x209.
Get News Updates By Email
Council Alters Project Process After $478K Overrun On Town Turf Fields
The Verona Town Council approved a resolution on Tuesday...
- Posted 11 hours ago
One Other Thing Heating Up? Real Estate
Verona went to Florida over the Presidents’ Day weekend...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona Businessman
Jose A. Asencio of Newark was sentenced to three...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago