- Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017Posted 5 hours ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
Caring For Older Special Needs Child
United Way of Northern New Jersey Caregivers Coalition invites area caregivers to attend a free dinner seminar on Tuesday, September 23, to learn what happens when a child with special needs turns 18 and how to prepare for it. The “munch and learn” educational presentation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Bayberry Café at HackensackUMC Mountainside, 1 Bay Avenue in Montclair. Laurie Hauptman, special needs and elder care attorney at Hauptman & Hauptman, PC, will share her expertise on the subject.
Unpaid caregivers are the family members and friends who help loved ones of any age who are ill, frail or living with a disability or mental illness. Caregivers help their loved ones with a range of tasks from paying bills or driving to doctors, to personal care such as bathing and dressing, to medical care such as administering medication.
Free educational presentations are one of the services United Way Caregivers Coalition provides to help unpaid caregivers better access information while giving them the support they need in their caregiving role. The Coalition brings together caregivers, medical professionals, social service agencies, businesses, and other community groups to support unpaid family caregivers in suburban Essex County.
Space is limited and registration is required by September 18. To register, email [email protected] or call 973.746.4040 x209.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017
RepublishReprint The Verona Police Department logged a total of...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Town Council Candidates: Volunteer Service
RepublishReprint Prev1 of 7Next Sorry, Dunkin’ Donuts: Verona runs...
- Posted 6 hours ago
The Filmmaker From VHS ’03
RepublishReprint Bobby Kruger graduated Verona High School with the...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago