- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 3 days ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 4 weeks ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 2 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 2 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 2 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 2 months ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 3 months ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 3 months ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 4 months ago
Caring For Older Special Needs Child
United Way of Northern New Jersey Caregivers Coalition invites area caregivers to attend a free dinner seminar on Tuesday, September 23, to learn what happens when a child with special needs turns 18 and how to prepare for it. The “munch and learn” educational presentation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at Bayberry Café at HackensackUMC Mountainside, 1 Bay Avenue in Montclair. Laurie Hauptman, special needs and elder care attorney at Hauptman & Hauptman, PC, will share her expertise on the subject.
Unpaid caregivers are the family members and friends who help loved ones of any age who are ill, frail or living with a disability or mental illness. Caregivers help their loved ones with a range of tasks from paying bills or driving to doctors, to personal care such as bathing and dressing, to medical care such as administering medication.
Free educational presentations are one of the services United Way Caregivers Coalition provides to help unpaid caregivers better access information while giving them the support they need in their caregiving role. The Coalition brings together caregivers, medical professionals, social service agencies, businesses, and other community groups to support unpaid family caregivers in suburban Essex County.
Space is limited and registration is required by September 18. To register, email [email protected] or call 973.746.4040 x209.
Get News Updates By Email
Joseph M. Pirrello, Former VHS Principal
Mr. Joseph M. Pirrello, 80, died on Wednesday, September...
- Posted 1 day ago
Register Soon For UNICO’s Labor Day 5K
If you intend to run in the 33rd annual...
- Posted 3 days ago
Surfing When You Can’t Stand
Scott Chesney says he never learned to “surf on...
- Posted 3 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago