- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 4 hours ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 days ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 6 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 4 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
John S. McSeveney, 93
Mr. John S. McSeveney, 93, died on August 28, 2014 at his home in Verona. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Monday from 6 to 9 p.m. Graveside Services will be held in the Glendale Cemetery, Bloomfield, on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Born Schotts, Scotland, Mr. McSeveney came to the US in 1929 and moved to Verona, NJ in the 1940s. He was an operating engineer at the Pabst Blue Ribbon Brewery in Newark for many years.
Mr. McSeveney was a sergeant in the Army Air Corps during WWII, serving in the Pacific.
Mr. McSeveney was predeceased by his wife, Bertha and his daughter Cynthia. He is survived by his son, John S. McSeveney, Jr. (and his wife, Judy) and his grandchildren, Brian, Kevin and Ashley.
In lieu of flowers, donations to Verona Rescue Squad would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Traffic Signs–And Common Sense
The picture to the left is the sign on the...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Requiem For A Sign Maker
Over a 29-year career, Verona sign maker Matthew BeneduceMcGrath...
- Posted 1 day ago
Developer, Property Owner Clash Over New Apartments
If you’ve driven east on Bloomfield Avenue recently, you...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago