- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 7 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 2 weeks ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 2 weeks ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 4 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
John S. McSeveney, 93
Mr. John S. McSeveney, 93, died on August 28, 2014 at his home in Verona. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Monday from 6 to 9 p.m. Graveside Services will be held in the Glendale Cemetery, Bloomfield, on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Born Schotts, Scotland, Mr. McSeveney came to the US in 1929 and moved to Verona, NJ in the 1940s. He was an operating engineer at the Pabst Blue Ribbon Brewery in Newark for many years.
Mr. McSeveney was a sergeant in the Army Air Corps during WWII, serving in the Pacific.
Mr. McSeveney was predeceased by his wife, Bertha and his daughter Cynthia. He is survived by his son, John S. McSeveney, Jr. (and his wife, Judy) and his grandchildren, Brian, Kevin and Ashley.
In lieu of flowers, donations to Verona Rescue Squad would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Thanksgiving Football Game Cancelled
The Thanksgiving football game between Verona and Caldwell has...
- Posted 3 hours ago
For Thanksgiving, An Animal Rescue
This past weekend, with Thanksgiving and all of its...
- Posted 4 hours ago
For Thanksgiving, Gratitude And Graffiti
When you go for a stroll to walk off...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago