- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 18 hours ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 4 weeks ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 2 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 2 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 2 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 2 months ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 3 months ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 3 months ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 3 months ago
John S. McSeveney, 93
Mr. John S. McSeveney, 93, died on August 28, 2014 at his home in Verona. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Monday from 6 to 9 p.m. Graveside Services will be held in the Glendale Cemetery, Bloomfield, on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Born Schotts, Scotland, Mr. McSeveney came to the US in 1929 and moved to Verona, NJ in the 1940s. He was an operating engineer at the Pabst Blue Ribbon Brewery in Newark for many years.
Mr. McSeveney was a sergeant in the Army Air Corps during WWII, serving in the Pacific.
Mr. McSeveney was predeceased by his wife, Bertha and his daughter Cynthia. He is survived by his son, John S. McSeveney, Jr. (and his wife, Judy) and his grandchildren, Brian, Kevin and Ashley.
In lieu of flowers, donations to Verona Rescue Squad would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Register Soon For UNICO’s Labor Day 5K
If you intend to run in the 33rd annual...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Surfing When You Can’t Stand
Scott Chesney says he never learned to “surf on...
- Posted 14 hours ago
First Presbyterian Addresses Community Needs
The Friendly Neighbors, a new mission group at the...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago