- Snow Day 2: Verona Public Schools ClosedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Superintendent Warns About DriverPosted 4 weeks ago
- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 1 month ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 2 months ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 2 months ago
- Person Of The Year 2014: Maureen TracyPosted 2 months ago
- Mistrial Again In Pritchard Murder CasePosted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For November 2014Posted 3 months ago
John S. McSeveney, 93
Mr. John S. McSeveney, 93, died on August 28, 2014 at his home in Verona. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Monday from 6 to 9 p.m. Graveside Services will be held in the Glendale Cemetery, Bloomfield, on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
Born Schotts, Scotland, Mr. McSeveney came to the US in 1929 and moved to Verona, NJ in the 1940s. He was an operating engineer at the Pabst Blue Ribbon Brewery in Newark for many years.
Mr. McSeveney was a sergeant in the Army Air Corps during WWII, serving in the Pacific.
Mr. McSeveney was predeceased by his wife, Bertha and his daughter Cynthia. He is survived by his son, John S. McSeveney, Jr. (and his wife, Judy) and his grandchildren, Brian, Kevin and Ashley.
In lieu of flowers, donations to Verona Rescue Squad would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Should Town Hall Keep All The PILOT Money?
Prev1 of 4Next Town trucks plow school lots. Town...
- Posted 15 hours ago
‘Legally Blonde’ At VHS March 5-7
Verona High School’s Spotlight Players will present Legally Blonde:...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Social Skills Workshop This Thursday
On Thursday, March 5, there is going to be...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago