- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 1 week ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 2 months ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 2 months ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84
Mr. James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84, died on Friday, August 29, 2014 in Glen Ridge. A funeral mass will be offered in St. Aloysius Church, Caldwell on Thursday, September 4 at 10 a.m. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., both days.
Born in Montclair, Mr. Ferguson lived in Denver for 13 years and in Verona for 46 years prior to moving to North Caldwell in 2005.
He retired in 1990 as the chief engineer at Prudential Insurance in Roseland. Previously he was with Rheingold Brewery in Orange for 20 years.
Mr. Ferguson was a member since 1952 of Local 68 – Operating Engineers in West Caldwell and taught apprenticeship
training courses for many years.
He was a Life Member and former Chief of the Verona Fire Department, a member of the Old Guard of Caldwell and a Fourth Degree member of the Knights of Columbus, Council 3632.
He was the husband for 64 years to Barbara (nee Jackson) Ferguson, the father of Richard E. Ferguson, Kenneth S. Ferguson, Robert W. Ferguson and the late James C. Ferguson, III. He is also survived by his sister Dolores Hugg and 6 grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Verona Volunteer Fire Department would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Sapienza Joins Newark Police
Joseph Sapienza, a 2007 graduate of Seton Hall Prep,...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Marching Band Reunion
Band Ten-Hut: If you were a member of the...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Help Maintain Peckman Woods Trail
This spring, the Verona Environmental Commission led a group...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago