- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 6 days ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 1 week ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 week ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 week ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 3 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84
Mr. James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84, died on Friday, August 29, 2014 in Glen Ridge. A funeral mass will be offered in St. Aloysius Church, Caldwell on Thursday, September 4 at 10 a.m. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., both days.
Born in Montclair, Mr. Ferguson lived in Denver for 13 years and in Verona for 46 years prior to moving to North Caldwell in 2005.
He retired in 1990 as the chief engineer at Prudential Insurance in Roseland. Previously he was with Rheingold Brewery in Orange for 20 years.
Mr. Ferguson was a member since 1952 of Local 68 – Operating Engineers in West Caldwell and taught apprenticeship
training courses for many years.
He was a Life Member and former Chief of the Verona Fire Department, a member of the Old Guard of Caldwell and a Fourth Degree member of the Knights of Columbus, Council 3632.
He was the husband for 64 years to Barbara (nee Jackson) Ferguson, the father of Richard E. Ferguson, Kenneth S. Ferguson, Robert W. Ferguson and the late James C. Ferguson, III. He is also survived by his sister Dolores Hugg and 6 grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Verona Volunteer Fire Department would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Hillbillies Head To Championship
The Verona High School Hillbillies football team is headed...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Cub Scouts Sell Holiday Wreaths
Verona’s Cub Scout Pack 31 is selling fresh holiday...
- Posted 1 day ago
Church Lady Gets A Facelift
For decades, the house at 46 Montrose Avenue had...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago