- New Challenge For Verona’s Water SupplyPosted 2 days ago
- Pompton Ave. Crash Sends Driver To HospitalPosted 4 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 9-16, 2016Posted 7 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Aug. 26 – Sept. 9, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Resident Arrested In Cedar Grove BurglaryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Mother, Daughter Arrested In Drug BustPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 2 months ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 2 months ago
James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84
Mr. James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84, died on Friday, August 29, 2014 in Glen Ridge. A funeral mass will be offered in St. Aloysius Church, Caldwell on Thursday, September 4 at 10 a.m. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., both days.
Born in Montclair, Mr. Ferguson lived in Denver for 13 years and in Verona for 46 years prior to moving to North Caldwell in 2005.
He retired in 1990 as the chief engineer at Prudential Insurance in Roseland. Previously he was with Rheingold Brewery in Orange for 20 years.
Mr. Ferguson was a member since 1952 of Local 68 – Operating Engineers in West Caldwell and taught apprenticeship
training courses for many years.
He was a Life Member and former Chief of the Verona Fire Department, a member of the Old Guard of Caldwell and a Fourth Degree member of the Knights of Columbus, Council 3632.
He was the husband for 64 years to Barbara (nee Jackson) Ferguson, the father of Richard E. Ferguson, Kenneth S. Ferguson, Robert W. Ferguson and the late James C. Ferguson, III. He is also survived by his sister Dolores Hugg and 6 grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Verona Volunteer Fire Department would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Fair In The Square Vendors Needed
The Township of Verona is preparing its 20th annual...
- Posted 16 hours ago
New Challenge For Verona’s Water Supply
On September 20, the Environmental Working Group, a national...
- Posted 2 days ago
Zombie 5K/Walk To Benefit Soccer Scholarships
The Nick Tanelli Children’s Soccer Foundation, which awards scholarships...
- Posted 3 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago