- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 3 days ago
- Water Main Break On ParkPosted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 11-18, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Clinton Wins Verona As Trump Heads To White HousePosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: October 21-28, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Oct. 7-14, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Claremont Construction Starts WednesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Arrest Burglary SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Police Seek Attempted Robbery SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 23-30, 2016Posted 2 months ago
James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84
Mr. James C. Ferguson, Jr., 84, died on Friday, August 29, 2014 in Glen Ridge. A funeral mass will be offered in St. Aloysius Church, Caldwell on Thursday, September 4 at 10 a.m. Visiting in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Tuesday and Wednesday from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m., both days.
Born in Montclair, Mr. Ferguson lived in Denver for 13 years and in Verona for 46 years prior to moving to North Caldwell in 2005.
He retired in 1990 as the chief engineer at Prudential Insurance in Roseland. Previously he was with Rheingold Brewery in Orange for 20 years.
Mr. Ferguson was a member since 1952 of Local 68 – Operating Engineers in West Caldwell and taught apprenticeship
training courses for many years.
He was a Life Member and former Chief of the Verona Fire Department, a member of the Old Guard of Caldwell and a Fourth Degree member of the Knights of Columbus, Council 3632.
He was the husband for 64 years to Barbara (nee Jackson) Ferguson, the father of Richard E. Ferguson, Kenneth S. Ferguson, Robert W. Ferguson and the late James C. Ferguson, III. He is also survived by his sister Dolores Hugg and 6 grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Verona Volunteer Fire Department would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Voices Holiday Concert December 17
Voices of Verona and West Essex presents its Holiday...
- Posted 1 day ago
Renata Curcio To Perform In Nutcracker
When the curtain rises on New Jersey Ballet‘s Nutcracker,...
- Posted 2 days ago
Love Animals? Be A Turtle Back Zoo Docent
Essex County Turtle Back Zoo is recruiting volunteers for...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago