- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 4 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 1 month ago
Chesney Seeks Community Support For Van Fund
The van costs $50,000, but Chesney has saved money for half the cost. Ever the deadline-driven guy, he gave himself 12 days to raise the remaining $25,000 through GoFundMe, which allows supporters to make donations via the Internet. All monies raised go to Chesney, and as of this morning, he was $5,045 closer to his goal thanks to 30 donations.
Here’s how he explained the need for a van to replace his car:
“…The process of driving for any person with a disability like mine is more complicated than for the average person. The process entails transferring to the car, disassembling the wheelchair, placing it beside me, and then reversing these actions upon arriving at my destination. While this routine has enabled me to drive myself to and from work and to take my kids to school, on family vacations, to doctor’s appointments, haircuts… even to drive my wife to the hospital twice when she went into labor — it has also caused significant wear and tear on my body.
This year, I turned 44 years old; I have lived life with a disability for nearly 29 years. Health issues have forced me to re-examine many things in my day-to-day activities, including my means of transportation. As a result, I must reduce the number of transfers that I do in and out of the car in order to protect my hands, arms, shoulders and back. The minivan would facilitate easier transfers due to a retractable lift. The vehicle is also spacious enough for me to relieve pressure to my bottom, which is extremely valuable since I spend most of my day in a seated position.”
Supporters can give whatever they like, and make donations anonymously or under their own name. For those who can donate $600 or more, Chesney is offering several sessions of his life coaching skills as a thank you. You can access the GoFundMe campaign here.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
The Library’s Renovation PAL
RepublishReprint Yes, the Verona Public Library is going to...
- Posted 7 hours ago
Verona In Washington: Frelinghuysen Pulls Support For ACA Repeal, Senate Confirms Ambassador To Israel
RepublishReprint The news out of Capitol Hill this week...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Wye Not: A Peter Frelinghuysen Moment
RepublishReprint No, that’s not a typo in the headline....
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago