- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 4 weeks ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 months ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 months ago
Hilltop Mountain Bike Race Coming
The fifth annual Hilltop Grasshopper kids’ bicycle race is coming up on Saturday August 16.
The race takes place at Essex County’s Hilltop Reservation on the Verona-North Caldwell border and is open to kids from kindergarten through eighth grade. The race is a specially prepared 0.6 mile course for both new and experienced riders. Any bike with fatter tires is ideal and mechanics will inspect all bikes for safety and last minute race tuning.
Registration and inspection opens at 7:30 a.m., and closes 15 minutes before the start of each category. You can also register online in advance on BikeReg.com.
Participants must pay a $10.00 registration fee and sign a waiver, and the participant’s bicycle must pass a technical inspection. A parent or guardian must be present to sign waiver and must be present during the race. Boys’ and girls’ races may be combined if there are a low number of registrants for a class. Awards ceremonies will commence shortly after each class finishes, with medals for the top three finishers in each class.
Start Times, Categories/Classes, and Distance
K – 1st grade: boys, 9 a.m.; girls, 9:05 a.m.; 0.6 miles
2nd – 3rd grade: boys, 9:20 a.m.; girls, 9:25 a.m.; 1.2 miles
4th – 5th grade: boys, 10 a.m.; girls, 10:05 a.m.; 1.8 miles
6th – 8th grade: boys, 10:45 a.m.; girls, 10:50 a.m.; 2.4 miles
To reach the race site, park in the parking lot located at Mountain Avenue and Courter Lane in North Caldwell. Directions and more information are on the Grasshopper Web site.
Get News Updates By Email
Split Decision On Deed Restriction Case
A Superior Court judge has decided that while the...
- Posted 1 day ago
Green Point Juicery Recognized As Sustainable Business
Small businesses across New Jersey are starting to save...
- Posted 2 days ago
First Presbyterian Welcomes New Pastor
On Sunday, August 21, the First Presbyterian Church of...
- Posted 3 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago