- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For September 2014Posted 1 week ago
- PBA, Town Talk Tech But No SolutionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veronan Named NJ Teacher Of The YearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gas Station Murder Case To Be RetriedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For August 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 1 month ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 2 months ago
Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona Border
There was a fatal fire overnight at a home on the border of Essex Fells and Verona. Essex Fells police and fire units responded to a fire at 68 Fells Road just after 2:30 a.m., with fire companies from Verona and several other towns just behind them.
According to a statement from Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Essex Fells Police Chief Vincent Kulik, arriving first responders located a woman inside the home and removed her. She was given first aid and transported to Hackensack UMC Mountainside Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 4:06 a.m.
The cause of the fire is being investigated by the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office Arson Task Force, according to Chief Assistant Prosecutor Thomas S. Fennelly. Damage to the home, which sits just south of the townhouses at the foot of White Rock Road, appears to be substantial. Fells Road is closed from Upland Way in Verona to Stocker Road.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending formal identification and notification of next of kin, according to Fennelly. The cause of death will be determined by an autopsy at the office of New Jersey’s Regional Medical Examiner in Newark, according to Fennelly.
Get News Updates By Email
Juniors Say Thanks For Hunger Week Success
To the editor: Verona Fights Hunger Week, coordinated by...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Explore Jewish Prayer At Beth Ahm
Congregation Beth Ahm will be presenting an exciting new...
- Posted 3 hours ago
7 Bedrooms, Anyone?
Let’s face it: When many people think of a...
- Posted 7 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago