- Snow Day 2: Verona Public Schools ClosedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Superintendent Warns About DriverPosted 4 weeks ago
- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 1 month ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 2 months ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 2 months ago
- Person Of The Year 2014: Maureen TracyPosted 2 months ago
- Mistrial Again In Pritchard Murder CasePosted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For November 2014Posted 2 months ago
Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona Border
There was a fatal fire overnight at a home on the border of Essex Fells and Verona. Essex Fells police and fire units responded to a fire at 68 Fells Road just after 2:30 a.m., with fire companies from Verona and several other towns just behind them.
According to a statement from Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Essex Fells Police Chief Vincent Kulik, arriving first responders located a woman inside the home and removed her. She was given first aid and transported to Hackensack UMC Mountainside Hospital, where she was pronounced dead at 4:06 a.m.
The cause of the fire is being investigated by the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office Arson Task Force, according to Chief Assistant Prosecutor Thomas S. Fennelly. Damage to the home, which sits just south of the townhouses at the foot of White Rock Road, appears to be substantial. Fells Road is closed from Upland Way in Verona to Stocker Road.
The identity of the victim is being withheld pending formal identification and notification of next of kin, according to Fennelly. The cause of death will be determined by an autopsy at the office of New Jersey’s Regional Medical Examiner in Newark, according to Fennelly.
Get News Updates By Email
‘Legally Blonde’ At VHS March 5-7
Verona High School’s Spotlight Players will present Legally Blonde:...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Social Skills Workshop This Thursday
On Thursday, March 5, there is going to be...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Developer Advances Bloomfield Avenue Project
Dennis Handel, the developer looking to turn 176 and...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago