- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 10 hours ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 20 hours ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 22 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 6 days ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 4 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
Volunteers Weed, Water New Peckman Plantings
On Wednesday, Verona High School students Brad Smith and Patrick Paluszek, as well as 80-year-old Susana Anzola, James Aiello from the Board of Education’s maintenance staff and F.N. Brown school custodian Louis Cerretta worked on the trail, which was the object of a VEC restoration project this spring.
VEC president Gloria Machnowski says the volunteers brought out the heavy generator from the school and used it to pump river water up to fill up the tree watering bags. The group also pulled out a large amount of the invasive plant Japanese Knotweed and cleaned up broken glass, bottles, cans and discarded boxes along the trails. “The recently planted trees and ferns look fantastic,” Machnowski says. “Thank you all!”
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago