- State Champs! Hillbillies Defeat CresskillPosted 2 weeks ago
- Thanksgiving Game Cancellation StandsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Car Totalled In Avenue CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 4 weeks ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 1 month ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 month ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 month ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 month ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 1 month ago
Volunteers Weed, Water New Peckman Plantings
On Wednesday, Verona High School students Brad Smith and Patrick Paluszek, as well as 80-year-old Susana Anzola, James Aiello from the Board of Education’s maintenance staff and F.N. Brown school custodian Louis Cerretta worked on the trail, which was the object of a VEC restoration project this spring.
VEC president Gloria Machnowski says the volunteers brought out the heavy generator from the school and used it to pump river water up to fill up the tree watering bags. The group also pulled out a large amount of the invasive plant Japanese Knotweed and cleaned up broken glass, bottles, cans and discarded boxes along the trails. “The recently planted trees and ferns look fantastic,” Machnowski says. “Thank you all!”
Get News Updates By Email
Forest Avenue School Wins $1,000
Forest Ave School in Verona was the lucky national...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Chivily To Play Softball In College
Caroline Chivily, four-year varsity starter for the Verona High...
- Posted 12 hours ago
H.B. Whitehorne Plans Second Science Fair
In June 2014, H.B. Whitehorne Middle School hosted a Science...
- Posted 15 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago