- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 1 week ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 2 months ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 2 months ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
Volunteers Weed, Water New Peckman Plantings
On Wednesday, Verona High School students Brad Smith and Patrick Paluszek, as well as 80-year-old Susana Anzola, James Aiello from the Board of Education’s maintenance staff and F.N. Brown school custodian Louis Cerretta worked on the trail, which was the object of a VEC restoration project this spring.
VEC president Gloria Machnowski says the volunteers brought out the heavy generator from the school and used it to pump river water up to fill up the tree watering bags. The group also pulled out a large amount of the invasive plant Japanese Knotweed and cleaned up broken glass, bottles, cans and discarded boxes along the trails. “The recently planted trees and ferns look fantastic,” Machnowski says. “Thank you all!”
Get News Updates By Email
Cabaret, With Verona Performers
“Life Is…” is the name of a cabaret performance...
- Posted 5 hours ago
7 New Listings, 7 Open Houses
If you believe in lucky numbers, this could be...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Boys Soccer Defeats MKA, Girls Win
Montclair Kimberley Academy can be forgiven for thinking that...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago