- Residents Arrested For Vehicle BurglariesPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Remembers 9/11 VictimsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Resident Arrested In Multi-Million Dollar FraudPosted 4 weeks ago
- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 1 month ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 2 months ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 3 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 3 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 3 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 3 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 3 months ago
Juniors Collect Backpack Supplies
Last Fall, due to the overwhelming generosity of the community and their partnership with Abdallah Khetir, Walgreens-Verona store manager, the Verona Juniors were able to fill 28 backpacks. The Juniors worked with Verona’s Health & Social Services Program Coordinator, Connie Pifher, to ensure that the backpacks were distributed to those who need them the most.
The Juniors and Walgreens-Verona hope to match last year’s success and look to the community for support. To help, residents can donate an item or two from the “Wish List,” which can be found at www.veronajuniors.org, or by making a donation online. All donations are tax-deductible. At this point, the Juniors have collected enough crayons, pencils and glue sticks, but are still in need of other supplies, especially backpacks.
There is a collection box set up at the Verona Community Center and there will be a school supply drive at Walgreens on July 18, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., if you’d like to purchase items then. The Juniors are also willing to pick up supplies from your house. Please email [email protected] for pick-up instructions or if you have any questions.
Get News Updates By Email
When Italian Americans Were The Enemy
The Verona Public Library will present “No Italian Spoken...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Verona Fights Hunger Week Starts Oct. 11
The second annual Verona Fights Hunger Week begins on...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Why The Lake Level Is So Low
No, it’s not your imagination: The water level in...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago