- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 2 weeks ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 3 weeks ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 4 weeks ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 4 weeks ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 2 months ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 2 months ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 2 months ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 2 months ago
- Attempted Break In On WoodlandPosted 2 months ago
Juniors Collect Backpack Supplies
Last Fall, due to the overwhelming generosity of the community and their partnership with Abdallah Khetir, Walgreens-Verona store manager, the Verona Juniors were able to fill 28 backpacks. The Juniors worked with Verona’s Health & Social Services Program Coordinator, Connie Pifher, to ensure that the backpacks were distributed to those who need them the most.
The Juniors and Walgreens-Verona hope to match last year’s success and look to the community for support. To help, residents can donate an item or two from the “Wish List,” which can be found at www.veronajuniors.org, or by making a donation online. All donations are tax-deductible. At this point, the Juniors have collected enough crayons, pencils and glue sticks, but are still in need of other supplies, especially backpacks.
There is a collection box set up at the Verona Community Center and there will be a school supply drive at Walgreens on July 18, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., if you’d like to purchase items then. The Juniors are also willing to pick up supplies from your house. Please email [email protected] for pick-up instructions or if you have any questions.
Get News Updates By Email
West Essex Teacher To Be New VHS Vice Principal
The Verona Board of Education tonight approved the hiring...
- Posted 4 mins ago
Library Hosts Music Journalist
Author Maryanne Christiano-Mistretta will visit the Verona Public Library...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
I’ve been thinking about making this ice cream flavor...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago