- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 1 day ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 week ago
- Top Stories For September 2014Posted 2 weeks ago
- PBA, Town Talk Tech But No SolutionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veronan Named NJ Teacher Of The YearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gas Station Murder Case To Be RetriedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 1 month ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For August 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 2 months ago
Juniors Collect Backpack Supplies
Last Fall, due to the overwhelming generosity of the community and their partnership with Abdallah Khetir, Walgreens-Verona store manager, the Verona Juniors were able to fill 28 backpacks. The Juniors worked with Verona’s Health & Social Services Program Coordinator, Connie Pifher, to ensure that the backpacks were distributed to those who need them the most.
The Juniors and Walgreens-Verona hope to match last year’s success and look to the community for support. To help, residents can donate an item or two from the “Wish List,” which can be found at www.veronajuniors.org, or by making a donation online. All donations are tax-deductible. At this point, the Juniors have collected enough crayons, pencils and glue sticks, but are still in need of other supplies, especially backpacks.
There is a collection box set up at the Verona Community Center and there will be a school supply drive at Walgreens on July 18, between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., if you’d like to purchase items then. The Juniors are also willing to pick up supplies from your house. Please email [email protected] for pick-up instructions or if you have any questions.
Get News Updates By Email
Cub Scouts Collect Candy For Troops
If your goblins get an excess of Halloween candy...
- Posted 1 hour ago
New Business: Success Street
Many Verona parents know how to coach a child...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Red Devils Scare Up Halloween Tourney Win
The Verona Red Devils went 1-1 at the Mt....
- Posted 7 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago