- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 6 days ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 7 days ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 week ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 week ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 3 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
Grace M. Dong, 95
Mrs. Grace M. Dong, 95, died on July 7, 2014 at her home in Verona. Services will be held in the Prout Funeral Home, 370 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona on Friday at 11 a.m. Visiting on Friday from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
Born in New York City, Mrs. Dong moved to Verona in 1952. She graduated from Hunter College and Montclair State Teachers College and was a Kindergarten teacher for the Newark Board of Education for 24 years before retiring in 1982. She was a Den Mother for BSA Pack 2 in Verona.
Mrs. Dong is survived by her husband, James C. Dong, Sr., her sons, Robert, Fred and James, Jr. and her siblings, Wallace Chu, Victoria Moy, Florence Dick and Sophia Chan. She is also survived by her granddaughter, Stacey Miskell and great granddaughter, Ivy.
In lieu of flowers, donations to the Verona Rescue Squad would be appreciated.
Get News Updates By Email
Hillbillies Head To Championship
The Verona High School Hillbillies football team is headed...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Cub Scouts Sell Holiday Wreaths
Verona’s Cub Scout Pack 31 is selling fresh holiday...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Church Lady Gets A Facelift
For decades, the house at 46 Montrose Avenue had...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago