- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 5 days ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 4 weeks ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 1 month ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 month ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 1 month ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 months ago
County Unveils New Verona Park Boathouse
The 10-week, $433,310 project involved installing new French doors on both sides of the building, creating a new patio on the park side, installing new flooring and fixtures and painting the interior in a palette of neutrals.
The original fireplace was retained, but chances are that long-time park-goers won’t recognize it: It’s been sand-blasted back to its original tawny beige color and converted to gas. The bathrooms inside the boathouse and in the adjoining building outside were gutted and re-done. The furniture inside is a tad more corporate conference room than Friends coffee bar, but there’s lots of seating and it’s comfortable. There’s also a big screen TV over the fireplace mantel.
“We’re tremendously happy with the improvements,” said Jim McGregor, a member of the Verona Park Conservancy. “It’s going to make it better for visitors. The Conservancy is very thankful to the County for getting behind us.” The Verona Park Conservancy is a non-profit that works with the County to maintain and improve the park.
Beyond the boathouse, you might also be interested to know that there are now swan-shaped paddle boats on Verona Park Lake and an Italian ice stand at the playground, both courtesy of Aramark, which was named the food operator at the boathouse last year.
Get News Updates By Email
Fred Hill Elected To Hall Of Fame
Legendary Rutgers head coach Fred Hill has been elected...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Can You Adopt This Shaggy Dog?
Shaggy is looking for his forever home. He is...
- Posted 15 hours ago
Clarke Wins Labor Day 5K Again
The humidity level was 100 percent miserable yesterday in...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago