- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 1 day ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 4 weeks ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 2 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 2 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 2 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 2 months ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 3 months ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 3 months ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 3 months ago
County Unveils New Verona Park Boathouse
The 10-week, $433,310 project involved installing new French doors on both sides of the building, creating a new patio on the park side, installing new flooring and fixtures and painting the interior in a palette of neutrals.
The original fireplace was retained, but chances are that long-time park-goers won’t recognize it: It’s been sand-blasted back to its original tawny beige color and converted to gas. The bathrooms inside the boathouse and in the adjoining building outside were gutted and re-done. The furniture inside is a tad more corporate conference room than Friends coffee bar, but there’s lots of seating and it’s comfortable. There’s also a big screen TV over the fireplace mantel.
“We’re tremendously happy with the improvements,” said Jim McGregor, a member of the Verona Park Conservancy. “It’s going to make it better for visitors. The Conservancy is very thankful to the County for getting behind us.” The Verona Park Conservancy is a non-profit that works with the County to maintain and improve the park.
Beyond the boathouse, you might also be interested to know that there are now swan-shaped paddle boats on Verona Park Lake and an Italian ice stand at the playground, both courtesy of Aramark, which was named the food operator at the boathouse last year.
Get News Updates By Email
Register Soon For UNICO’s Labor Day 5K
If you intend to run in the 33rd annual...
- Posted 24 hours ago
Surfing When You Can’t Stand
Scott Chesney says he never learned to “surf on...
- Posted 1 day ago
First Presbyterian Addresses Community Needs
The Friendly Neighbors, a new mission group at the...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago