- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 27 mins ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 16 hours ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 2 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 4 weeks ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 4 weeks ago
- Person Of The Year 2014: Maureen TracyPosted 1 month ago
- Mistrial Again In Pritchard Murder CasePosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For November 2014Posted 1 month ago
- State Champs! Hillbillies Defeat CresskillPosted 2 months ago
- Thanksgiving Game Cancellation StandsPosted 2 months ago
County Unveils New Verona Park Boathouse
The 10-week, $433,310 project involved installing new French doors on both sides of the building, creating a new patio on the park side, installing new flooring and fixtures and painting the interior in a palette of neutrals.
The original fireplace was retained, but chances are that long-time park-goers won’t recognize it: It’s been sand-blasted back to its original tawny beige color and converted to gas. The bathrooms inside the boathouse and in the adjoining building outside were gutted and re-done. The furniture inside is a tad more corporate conference room than Friends coffee bar, but there’s lots of seating and it’s comfortable. There’s also a big screen TV over the fireplace mantel.
“We’re tremendously happy with the improvements,” said Jim McGregor, a member of the Verona Park Conservancy. “It’s going to make it better for visitors. The Conservancy is very thankful to the County for getting behind us.” The Verona Park Conservancy is a non-profit that works with the County to maintain and improve the park.
Beyond the boathouse, you might also be interested to know that there are now swan-shaped paddle boats on Verona Park Lake and an Italian ice stand at the playground, both courtesy of Aramark, which was named the food operator at the boathouse last year.
Get News Updates By Email
Parking, Trash Changes During Snow Storm
The Verona Police have issued a notice that there...
- Posted 27 mins ago
Rutgers Fundraiser For Fred Hill Training Center
There’s a plan afoot for a baseball and softball...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Painting Night At Cancer Support Group
Women Inspiring, Nurturing, Giving Strength & Support, the cancer...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago