- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 7 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 3 weeks ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 4 weeks ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 1 month ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 months ago
Lynch Named Quarterfinalist In Grammy Educator Award
Erik Lynch, the band director and music educator at Verona High School, is among a total of 222 music teachers from 208 cities across 41 states who have been picked as quarterfinalists for the second annual Music Educator Award presented by The Recording Academy and the GRAMMY Foundation. In total, more than 7,000 nominations were submitted from across 50 states.
The Music Educator Award was established to recognize current educators (kindergarten through college, public and private schools) who have made a significant and lasting contribution to the field of music education and who demonstrate a commitment to the broader cause of maintaining music education in the schools.
Under Lynch’s direction, the Verona Marching Band and Verona Concert Band have pushed the boundaries of musical excellence as the only all-encompassing instrumental group to compete with schools that are up to five times as large as Verona High School.
Awards held by the VHS Concert Band are numerous and they include:
- 2012: Gold Rating State Concert Band Festival, Selected to New Jersey State Gala Concert, Selected to Rutgers Mid-Atlantic Wind Band Festival, First Non-Professional Group Selected to Wednesday at Noon Concert Series at Cathedral Basilica, Newark NJ
- 2013: Selected to New Jersey State Gala Concert fourth time in a row
Marching Band honors include:
- 2013: Second Place in Group IV Open and winning the award for Best Percussion section at the New Jersey State Championships at Rutgers University; second place at our at Wayne Hills High School show.
For more information on The Verona High School Concert and Marching Band, see www.veronamusic.org. The video below was produced to support Lynch’s nomination.
For more information on the Music Educator Award:
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016
August 12, 2016 2:33 AM: Officers Rob Juliano and...
- Posted 7 hours ago
Soccer Car Wash Saturday
It’s fundraising season for the fall sports, and the...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Take A Look At Verona’s Monuments
Have you ever walked around the civic center in...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago