- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 5 days ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 2 months ago
5K To Support Breast Cancer Research
On Saturday, June 21, the Sole-stice Sprint 5K is scheduled to take place in Verona Park. The Sole-stice Sprint 5K was created to raise funds for the Cure Breast Cancer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not- for-profit.
CBCF supports ground-breaking breast cancer research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and other national and international research facilities under the direction of noted oncologist, and the Foundation’s scientific advisor, Dr. Larry Norton.
To pre-register, go to compuscore.com or pick up an application at a sponsor location. Check-in starts at 7:30 a.m. and continues until right before race time, at 9 a.m. The event begins with a 1-mile fun run, and the 5K kicks off at 9:30 a.m. Pre-race stretching will be led by Verona Yoga and the event concludes with an awards ceremony.
Pre-registration is $10 for the fun run and $20 for 5K. The price increases by $5 for those who register the day of the race. Registration fee includes a T-shirt, a raffle ticket, a gift bag and entry into the race. All proceeds from the race benefit CBCF.
The event is being sponsored by several Verona businesses, including but not limited to: Tia’s Food Of Love, Verona Inn, Verona Lacrosse, Munjack Marketing, Terry’s, Lombardi’s, and Marange Printing. For sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, contact Lois DeClemente at 973-780-8472.
Get News Updates By Email
Richard U. Mascera Sr., 86, Former Dentist
Richard U. Mascera Sr., DDS, 86, of Verona, passed...
- Posted 7 hours ago
Open Houses To Beat The Heat
You might not feel like moving from the fan...
- Posted 2 days ago
Verona’s Business Landmarks
Recently a friend posted a photo online of Pal’s...
- Posted 3 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago