- Residents Arrested For Vehicle BurglariesPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Remembers 9/11 VictimsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Resident Arrested In Multi-Million Dollar FraudPosted 4 weeks ago
- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 1 month ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 2 months ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 3 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 3 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 3 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 3 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 3 months ago
5K To Support Breast Cancer Research
On Saturday, June 21, the Sole-stice Sprint 5K is scheduled to take place in Verona Park. The Sole-stice Sprint 5K was created to raise funds for the Cure Breast Cancer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) not- for-profit.
CBCF supports ground-breaking breast cancer research at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and other national and international research facilities under the direction of noted oncologist, and the Foundation’s scientific advisor, Dr. Larry Norton.
To pre-register, go to compuscore.com or pick up an application at a sponsor location. Check-in starts at 7:30 a.m. and continues until right before race time, at 9 a.m. The event begins with a 1-mile fun run, and the 5K kicks off at 9:30 a.m. Pre-race stretching will be led by Verona Yoga and the event concludes with an awards ceremony.
Pre-registration is $10 for the fun run and $20 for 5K. The price increases by $5 for those who register the day of the race. Registration fee includes a T-shirt, a raffle ticket, a gift bag and entry into the race. All proceeds from the race benefit CBCF.
The event is being sponsored by several Verona businesses, including but not limited to: Tia’s Food Of Love, Verona Inn, Verona Lacrosse, Munjack Marketing, Terry’s, Lombardi’s, and Marange Printing. For sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, contact Lois DeClemente at 973-780-8472.
Get News Updates By Email
When Italian Americans Were The Enemy
The Verona Public Library will present “No Italian Spoken...
- Posted 20 mins ago
Verona Fights Hunger Week Starts Oct. 11
The second annual Verona Fights Hunger Week begins on...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Why The Lake Level Is So Low
No, it’s not your imagination: The water level in...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago