- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 20 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 3 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Sampson Drive Closing For Field WorkPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 6-13Posted 1 month ago
Morgan’s Farm Returns
You may have seen the latest banners at Morgan’s Farm in Cedar Grove announcing its re-opening this week. Morgan’s Farm, a vibrant operating farm from 1845 to 1985, was brought back to life as an organic farm and farm market last year by Verona resident John Ostering.
Ostering and his numerous volunteers have continued working with the Cedar Grove Historical Society to make this year’s farm market even better than last year’s. They’ve put more land into use for farming, so this year Ostering is able to add corn and melons and five times more weekly produce than in 2013. As fruits and vegetables become available, there will be 30 varieties of tomatoes, 25 of which are heirloom. (Verona High School student Lucas Freschi, who revived the greenhouse at VHS, told us he helped plant 400 tomato plants in one weekend earlier this spring!) Ostering has also planted several varieties of hot peppers, garlic, various lettuces, leeks, carrots and potatoes.
The farm market will be open on Saturdays as of May 31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can check what’s being harvested each week on the Morgan’s Farm Web site or use its Facebook page. For the opening weekend, the farm will have lettuces, spinach, kale, Swiss chard, snap peas, arugula and escarole. There is local honey available every weekend.
Get News Updates By Email
Real Estate, Inside And Outside
Two years ago, when we were taking the dogs...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And Run
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Verona...
- Posted 20 hours ago
A Book Inspired By Overbrook
“Are you seriously going to take her up to...
- Posted 3 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago