- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 4 days ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 5 days ago
- Attempted Break In On WoodlandPosted 6 days ago
- Home Invasion UpdatePosted 2 weeks ago
- Senior Citizen Assaulted In Home InvasionPosted 2 weeks ago
- ‘Star Wars’ Invades VeronaPosted 3 weeks ago
- Car, Van Collide At Lakeside DeliPosted 4 weeks ago
- Suspicious Male At PreschoolPosted 2 months ago
- Manhole Explosions Close Bloomfield AvenuePosted 3 months ago
- Snow Closes Schools, Postpones Musical, PlayoffsPosted 3 months ago
Morgan’s Farm Returns
You may have seen the latest banners at Morgan’s Farm in Cedar Grove announcing its re-opening this week. Morgan’s Farm, a vibrant operating farm from 1845 to 1985, was brought back to life as an organic farm and farm market last year by Verona resident John Ostering.
Ostering and his numerous volunteers have continued working with the Cedar Grove Historical Society to make this year’s farm market even better than last year’s. They’ve put more land into use for farming, so this year Ostering is able to add corn and melons and five times more weekly produce than in 2013. As fruits and vegetables become available, there will be 30 varieties of tomatoes, 25 of which are heirloom. (Verona High School student Lucas Freschi, who revived the greenhouse at VHS, told us he helped plant 400 tomato plants in one weekend earlier this spring!) Ostering has also planted several varieties of hot peppers, garlic, various lettuces, leeks, carrots and potatoes.
The farm market will be open on Saturdays as of May 31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. You can check what’s being harvested each week on the Morgan’s Farm Web site or use its Facebook page. For the opening weekend, the farm will have lettuces, spinach, kale, Swiss chard, snap peas, arugula and escarole. There is local honey available every weekend.
Get News Updates By Email
Lisa Freschi To Speak At Toastmasters
Lisa Freschi is set to speak at the “Essex...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Eagles Football, Cheering Registration This Week
The Verona Eagles youth football and cheering program will...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Verona’s Heroes Come Alive Again On Memorial Day
They came to Bloomfield Avenue today to honor fathers,...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago