- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 5 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 1 week ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 2 weeks ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 4 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
Help Plant Trees At FN Brown, Hilltop This Weekend
If you like to help Mother Nature, this will be a good weekend for you in Verona.
On Saturday, May 31, the Verona Environmental Commission is continuing its restoration of the woods behind F.N. Brown along the Peckman River by planting 10 native trees and shrubs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring your garden gloves and some tools if you can.
A far bigger planting project will be taking place at the Hilltop, where the Hilltop Conservancy will be planting about 100 native trees and shrubs next to the service road, opposite the two-acre open area where the former tuberculosis sanatorium‘s power plant and laundry used to be. Since last fall, Conservancy volunteers have been helping clear debris, rocks and invasive plants from the planting site.
The Conservancy is asking for more volunteers on Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days. Wear sturdy shoes and bring water to drink and your gardening gloves. The closest parking is at the end of White Rock Road, behind the Highlands apartment complex near the tennis courts. The site is a two-minute walk north from there.
Verona’s Buildings & Grounds will be assisting both planting efforts, bringing in trees and supplies to both and helping to dig for fence posts at the Hilltop.
Get News Updates By Email
Boys Senior Athlete Of The Week: Bill Ferrari
The Verona Sports Boosters would like to congratulate Bill...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Veronan Leads Program To Bring Jews, Muslims Together
This season, the Museum of Jewish Heritage — A...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Pumpkin Alfredo With Pancetta
Yes, pumpkin season is just about over. Oddly enough,...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago