- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 20 hours ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 7 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 4 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
Help Plant Trees At FN Brown, Hilltop This Weekend
If you like to help Mother Nature, this will be a good weekend for you in Verona.
On Saturday, May 31, the Verona Environmental Commission is continuing its restoration of the woods behind F.N. Brown along the Peckman River by planting 10 native trees and shrubs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring your garden gloves and some tools if you can.
A far bigger planting project will be taking place at the Hilltop, where the Hilltop Conservancy will be planting about 100 native trees and shrubs next to the service road, opposite the two-acre open area where the former tuberculosis sanatorium‘s power plant and laundry used to be. Since last fall, Conservancy volunteers have been helping clear debris, rocks and invasive plants from the planting site.
The Conservancy is asking for more volunteers on Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days. Wear sturdy shoes and bring water to drink and your gardening gloves. The closest parking is at the end of White Rock Road, behind the Highlands apartment complex near the tennis courts. The site is a two-minute walk north from there.
Verona’s Buildings & Grounds will be assisting both planting efforts, bringing in trees and supplies to both and helping to dig for fence posts at the Hilltop.
Get News Updates By Email
Traffic Signs–And Common Sense
The picture to the left is the sign on the...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Requiem For A Sign Maker
Over a 29-year career, Verona sign maker Matthew BeneduceMcGrath...
- Posted 2 days ago
Developer, Property Owner Clash Over New Apartments
If you’ve driven east on Bloomfield Avenue recently, you...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago