- Suspicious Male At PreschoolPosted 2 weeks ago
- Manhole Explosions Close Bloomfield AvenuePosted 1 month ago
- Snow Closes Schools, Postpones Musical, PlayoffsPosted 1 month ago
- Snow Day 2: Verona Public Schools ClosedPosted 3 months ago
- Superintendent Warns About DriverPosted 3 months ago
- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 3 months ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 3 months ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 3 months ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 4 months ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 4 months ago
Help Plant Trees At FN Brown, Hilltop This Weekend
If you like to help Mother Nature, this will be a good weekend for you in Verona.
On Saturday, May 31, the Verona Environmental Commission is continuing its restoration of the woods behind F.N. Brown along the Peckman River by planting 10 native trees and shrubs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring your garden gloves and some tools if you can.
A far bigger planting project will be taking place at the Hilltop, where the Hilltop Conservancy will be planting about 100 native trees and shrubs next to the service road, opposite the two-acre open area where the former tuberculosis sanatorium‘s power plant and laundry used to be. Since last fall, Conservancy volunteers have been helping clear debris, rocks and invasive plants from the planting site.
The Conservancy is asking for more volunteers on Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days. Wear sturdy shoes and bring water to drink and your gardening gloves. The closest parking is at the end of White Rock Road, behind the Highlands apartment complex near the tennis courts. The site is a two-minute walk north from there.
Verona’s Buildings & Grounds will be assisting both planting efforts, bringing in trees and supplies to both and helping to dig for fence posts at the Hilltop.
Get News Updates By Email
Softball Car Wash Saturday
The Verona High School softball team is doing a...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Juniors To Host ’80s Party
Get out your acid-washed jeans and Aqua Net and...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Alternative Shabbat At Congregation Beth Ahm
On Saturday, April 25, Congregation Beth Ahm is hosting...
- Posted 24 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago