- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 6 hours ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 2 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 2 months ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 2 months ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
Help Plant Trees At FN Brown, Hilltop This Weekend
If you like to help Mother Nature, this will be a good weekend for you in Verona.
On Saturday, May 31, the Verona Environmental Commission is continuing its restoration of the woods behind F.N. Brown along the Peckman River by planting 10 native trees and shrubs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring your garden gloves and some tools if you can.
A far bigger planting project will be taking place at the Hilltop, where the Hilltop Conservancy will be planting about 100 native trees and shrubs next to the service road, opposite the two-acre open area where the former tuberculosis sanatorium‘s power plant and laundry used to be. Since last fall, Conservancy volunteers have been helping clear debris, rocks and invasive plants from the planting site.
The Conservancy is asking for more volunteers on Saturday and Sunday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. both days. Wear sturdy shoes and bring water to drink and your gardening gloves. The closest parking is at the end of White Rock Road, behind the Highlands apartment complex near the tennis courts. The site is a two-minute walk north from there.
Verona’s Buildings & Grounds will be assisting both planting efforts, bringing in trees and supplies to both and helping to dig for fence posts at the Hilltop.
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Actor Brings Pearl Harbor To Life
Mark Simmons loves history and acting, and on Wednesday...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Veronans Join People’s Climate March
More than 400,000 people turned out in New York...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Thanks From Breast Cancer 5K
The “Sole-Stice Run for a Cure 5K” committee would like...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago