- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 4 weeks ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 1 month ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 months ago
Season Of Milestones For Girls Lacrosse
- They finished 15-5, the most season wins in the history of the program
- They had two players score their 100th goal (and more)
- One of those players–senior Lauren Ednie–finished with 123 goals
- The other–junior Jackie Brozyna–ended with 158
- They had a goalie–sophomore Amanda Maguire–with 201 season saves
- They fielded an offense and defense that drew on the full four years of classes at VHS, from freshmen like Dana Pena, who scored 13 goals in her first season, to juniors like Emilia Frizzi, who led the team in assists, with 28
- They had two players–Ednie and Lizzie Scandiffio sign to play lacrosse at NCAA Division I colleges
- They finished second in the North Jersey Girls Interscholastic Lacrosse League’s Liberty Central behind Montclair, which is a Group 4 school
- They won the Liberty Division in the Super Essex Conference
- They made it to the semifinals of Essex County tournament
“I think we had a great year,” says Coach Suzanne Giarrusso. “We played as a team, which enabled us to have some great wins. It was a great bunch of girls who worked really hard to accomplish what we did.”
Verona gave notice early on that it was going to be a team to watch this year, racking up four wins in its first four outings. They were bested by West Essex, which has long dominated girls lacrosse in Essex County, but they regrouped and finished the season with seven wins in a row. And in the 18-8 win over Mount Saint Dominic Academy on May 15, they held Claire Peck, one of the strongest scorers in our area, to just four goals. That game was the first round of the North Jersey Group 1 playoffs.
So what didn’t they do? The Verona High School girls lacrosse team didn’t win the North 1 Group 1 quarterfinals or go on to the semis or championship. They have to save something to accomplish next year, right?
Get News Updates By Email
Richard J. Bevilacqua, 73
Mr. Richard J. Bevilacqua, 73, died on August 23,...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Punk Rock To Benefit Montclair Animal Shelter
The non-profit organization Mosh For Paws is holding a...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Holy Spirit Food Pantry Open Saturday
This Saturday, August 27, is the fourth Saturday of...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago