- Residents Arrested For Vehicle BurglariesPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Remembers 9/11 VictimsPosted 1 month ago
- Resident Arrested In Multi-Million Dollar FraudPosted 1 month ago
- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 1 month ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 2 months ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 3 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 3 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 3 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 3 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 3 months ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Jordan Seubert
Track & field meets can seem like a bit of a three-ring circus: One event going on in this corner, something else across the way and the team cheering for another event entirely at the far end. But if you’ve watched it all over the last four years, you’ve seen one athlete appear in just about every location: Jordan Seubert. Besides running both hurdle races, and the 100m, 200m and 400m, Seubert has also placed in the pole vault, high jump, and long jump at championship meets. For her efforts, Jordan Seubert is this week’s Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
“Throughout her four years competing for the Verona track team, very few athletes have demonstrated the versatility to excel in so many events,” says her coach, Gene Leporati.
The senior captain was a valuable part of the Verona High School girls track & field team’s success at the recent Essex County Relay Championships. Her strong performance in both of the team’s hurdle races against a very competitive field helped the squad to get second place in the 3 x 400m hurdles only 0.39 of a second behind first place Montclair. About 45 minutes later, Seubert’s shuttle high hurdle team placed fifth in one of the meet’s most exciting races. Seubert was also part of VHS’ 4 x 100m team, which had a strong finish.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Get News Updates By Email
HBW Equestriennes Win Ribbons
Olivia Camuti and Monica Egnezzo, seventh and eighth grade...
- Posted 3 hours ago
200+ Entries For Environmental Contest
Verona public school students submitted over 200 entries to...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Holy Spirit To Install Verona Native As New Rector
When the Reverend Gerard (Jerry) A. Racioppi accepted the...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago