- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 12 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 3 weeks ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 4 weeks ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 1 month ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 months ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Jordan Seubert
Track & field meets can seem like a bit of a three-ring circus: One event going on in this corner, something else across the way and the team cheering for another event entirely at the far end. But if you’ve watched it all over the last four years, you’ve seen one athlete appear in just about every location: Jordan Seubert. Besides running both hurdle races, and the 100m, 200m and 400m, Seubert has also placed in the pole vault, high jump, and long jump at championship meets. For her efforts, Jordan Seubert is this week’s Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
“Throughout her four years competing for the Verona track team, very few athletes have demonstrated the versatility to excel in so many events,” says her coach, Gene Leporati.
The senior captain was a valuable part of the Verona High School girls track & field team’s success at the recent Essex County Relay Championships. Her strong performance in both of the team’s hurdle races against a very competitive field helped the squad to get second place in the 3 x 400m hurdles only 0.39 of a second behind first place Montclair. About 45 minutes later, Seubert’s shuttle high hurdle team placed fifth in one of the meet’s most exciting races. Seubert was also part of VHS’ 4 x 100m team, which had a strong finish.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Get News Updates By Email
VHS Upper Field Gets Turfed
The upper field at Verona High School has been closed...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016
August 12, 2016 2:33 AM: Officers Rob Juliano and...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Soccer Car Wash Saturday
It’s fundraising season for the fall sports, and the...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago