- Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017Posted 17 hours ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Jordan Seubert
Track & field meets can seem like a bit of a three-ring circus: One event going on in this corner, something else across the way and the team cheering for another event entirely at the far end. But if you’ve watched it all over the last four years, you’ve seen one athlete appear in just about every location: Jordan Seubert. Besides running both hurdle races, and the 100m, 200m and 400m, Seubert has also placed in the pole vault, high jump, and long jump at championship meets. For her efforts, Jordan Seubert is this week’s Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
“Throughout her four years competing for the Verona track team, very few athletes have demonstrated the versatility to excel in so many events,” says her coach, Gene Leporati.
The senior captain was a valuable part of the Verona High School girls track & field team’s success at the recent Essex County Relay Championships. Her strong performance in both of the team’s hurdle races against a very competitive field helped the squad to get second place in the 3 x 400m hurdles only 0.39 of a second behind first place Montclair. About 45 minutes later, Seubert’s shuttle high hurdle team placed fifth in one of the meet’s most exciting races. Seubert was also part of VHS’ 4 x 100m team, which had a strong finish.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017
RepublishReprint The Verona Police Department logged a total of...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Town Council Candidates: Volunteer Service
RepublishReprint Prev1 of 7Next Sorry, Dunkin’ Donuts: Verona runs...
- Posted 18 hours ago
The Filmmaker From VHS ’03
RepublishReprint Bobby Kruger graduated Verona High School with the...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago