- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 4 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 1 month ago
Softball Gets Come-From-Behind Win
The Buccaneers scored three runs at the top of the seventh and suddenly the Lady Hillbillies were behind. Coming off an upset 8-1 win over Glen Ridge in the first round of the Essex County Tournament last week, that wasn’t where the Verona High School players wanted to be.
Catcher Olivia Feiger put her team back on track in the bottom of the seventh with a double that sent in the tying run. Jackie Selby followed that up with another double that drove in the winning run for a 5-4 Verona victory.
The win gives Verona softball an 8-7 record on the season. They face Nutley in the second round of the Essex County Tournament this Saturday in Nutley at 11 a.m.
In other Verona diamond news, the VHS baseball team juiced Orange yesterday, coming up with a 10-2 win on Doc Goeltz Field.
Pitcher Luke Connell was all about the number “four”: a four-hitter with four strike outs and four walks. James Hill’s magic number was “three”, thanks to his triple and three runs scored. Paul Chanley and Dylan Oranges were in the “two” column, the former with two RBI and the latter going 2-for-3 at the plate. The team is now 12-5
Photos copyright Andy Yeates. Used by permission.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
The Library’s Renovation PAL
RepublishReprint Yes, the Verona Public Library is going to...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Verona In Washington: Frelinghuysen Pulls Support For ACA Repeal, Senate Confirms Ambassador To Israel
RepublishReprint The news out of Capitol Hill this week...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Wye Not: A Peter Frelinghuysen Moment
RepublishReprint No, that’s not a typo in the headline....
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago