- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 19 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 4 days ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 4 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 week ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 4 weeks ago
Softball Gets Come-From-Behind Win
The Buccaneers scored three runs at the top of the seventh and suddenly the Lady Hillbillies were behind. Coming off an upset 8-1 win over Glen Ridge in the first round of the Essex County Tournament last week, that wasn’t where the Verona High School players wanted to be.
Catcher Olivia Feiger put her team back on track in the bottom of the seventh with a double that sent in the tying run. Jackie Selby followed that up with another double that drove in the winning run for a 5-4 Verona victory.
The win gives Verona softball an 8-7 record on the season. They face Nutley in the second round of the Essex County Tournament this Saturday in Nutley at 11 a.m.
In other Verona diamond news, the VHS baseball team juiced Orange yesterday, coming up with a 10-2 win on Doc Goeltz Field.
Pitcher Luke Connell was all about the number “four”: a four-hitter with four strike outs and four walks. James Hill’s magic number was “three”, thanks to his triple and three runs scored. Paul Chanley and Dylan Oranges were in the “two” column, the former with two RBI and the latter going 2-for-3 at the plate. The team is now 12-5
Photos copyright Andy Yeates. Used by permission.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago