- VHS Traffic Light UpdatePosted 18 hours ago
- Prostitution Bust In VeronaPosted 2 weeks ago
- Tevlin Murder Suspect Convicted Of West Orange RobberyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Hires New Town ManagerPosted 4 weeks ago
- Car Fire Off NewmanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breitenbach Withdraws From BOE Election, Candidates Forum ScrappedPosted 1 month ago
- Residents Arrested For Vehicle BurglariesPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Remembers 9/11 VictimsPosted 3 months ago
- Resident Arrested In Multi-Million Dollar FraudPosted 3 months ago
- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 3 months ago
Frank Anthony’s To Be Pool Food Vendor
Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Italian has been awarded the contract to be the food vendor at Verona pool for the 2014 summer season, succeeding Bagelwich.
The pool vendor contract goes to the highest bidder and Frank Anthony’s bid $17,500 for the work. That is down substantially from previous years. Bagelwich won the business in 2013 with a bid of $25,108. In 2012, a new contractor called Vending to Please won the work with a bid of $20,000 and the two competing bids were $18,000 and $18,300.
Frank Anthony’s has been the pool vendor once before, shortly after it opened its original location on Grove Avenue.
UPDATE: We got an email from Frank Anthony’s owner Anthony Tortoriello about his pool plans this morning. “We are going to keep a traditional approach to the food at the VCP snack bar, simple food, high quality ingredients, and good service,” he wrote. ” We are going to try some new things this year based on feedback from previous years, like a $5 ‘kids or value’ menu which would include a combo of sandwich, fries and drink for $5. Also we are working on a system of order at the counter and we will deliver the food to the table. Lenny Waterman and I are just trying to figure out how to number the tables. And although we feel it’s best to keep the menu simple, guests will be able to enjoy the same quality of food we serve at the restaurant, at the pool.”
Get News Updates By Email
Can Ariane Duarte Beat Bobby Flay?
Since she competed in season five of “Top Chef”,...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Holiday House Tour At Kip’s Castle
Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr. invites the...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Verona United U10 Boys Win First Place
The Verona United Soccer Club U10 Wolverines defeated a...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago