- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 4 weeks ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 1 month ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 months ago
Frank Anthony’s To Be Pool Food Vendor
Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Italian has been awarded the contract to be the food vendor at Verona pool for the 2014 summer season, succeeding Bagelwich.
The pool vendor contract goes to the highest bidder and Frank Anthony’s bid $17,500 for the work. That is down substantially from previous years. Bagelwich won the business in 2013 with a bid of $25,108. In 2012, a new contractor called Vending to Please won the work with a bid of $20,000 and the two competing bids were $18,000 and $18,300.
Frank Anthony’s has been the pool vendor once before, shortly after it opened its original location on Grove Avenue.
UPDATE: We got an email from Frank Anthony’s owner Anthony Tortoriello about his pool plans this morning. “We are going to keep a traditional approach to the food at the VCP snack bar, simple food, high quality ingredients, and good service,” he wrote. ” We are going to try some new things this year based on feedback from previous years, like a $5 ‘kids or value’ menu which would include a combo of sandwich, fries and drink for $5. Also we are working on a system of order at the counter and we will deliver the food to the table. Lenny Waterman and I are just trying to figure out how to number the tables. And although we feel it’s best to keep the menu simple, guests will be able to enjoy the same quality of food we serve at the restaurant, at the pool.”
Get News Updates By Email
Richard J. Bevilacqua, 73
Mr. Richard J. Bevilacqua, 73, died on August 23,...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Punk Rock To Benefit Montclair Animal Shelter
The non-profit organization Mosh For Paws is holding a...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Holy Spirit Food Pantry Open Saturday
This Saturday, August 27, is the fourth Saturday of...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago