- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 18 hours ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 days ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 7 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 4 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
Frank Anthony’s To Be Pool Food Vendor
Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Italian has been awarded the contract to be the food vendor at Verona pool for the 2014 summer season, succeeding Bagelwich.
The pool vendor contract goes to the highest bidder and Frank Anthony’s bid $17,500 for the work. That is down substantially from previous years. Bagelwich won the business in 2013 with a bid of $25,108. In 2012, a new contractor called Vending to Please won the work with a bid of $20,000 and the two competing bids were $18,000 and $18,300.
Frank Anthony’s has been the pool vendor once before, shortly after it opened its original location on Grove Avenue.
UPDATE: We got an email from Frank Anthony’s owner Anthony Tortoriello about his pool plans this morning. “We are going to keep a traditional approach to the food at the VCP snack bar, simple food, high quality ingredients, and good service,” he wrote. ” We are going to try some new things this year based on feedback from previous years, like a $5 ‘kids or value’ menu which would include a combo of sandwich, fries and drink for $5. Also we are working on a system of order at the counter and we will deliver the food to the table. Lenny Waterman and I are just trying to figure out how to number the tables. And although we feel it’s best to keep the menu simple, guests will be able to enjoy the same quality of food we serve at the restaurant, at the pool.”
Get News Updates By Email
Traffic Signs–And Common Sense
The picture to the left is the sign on the...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Requiem For A Sign Maker
Over a 29-year career, Verona sign maker Matthew BeneduceMcGrath...
- Posted 2 days ago
Developer, Property Owner Clash Over New Apartments
If you’ve driven east on Bloomfield Avenue recently, you...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago