- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 1 week ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 2 weeks ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 2 weeks ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 4 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
Frank Anthony’s To Be Pool Food Vendor
Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Italian has been awarded the contract to be the food vendor at Verona pool for the 2014 summer season, succeeding Bagelwich.
The pool vendor contract goes to the highest bidder and Frank Anthony’s bid $17,500 for the work. That is down substantially from previous years. Bagelwich won the business in 2013 with a bid of $25,108. In 2012, a new contractor called Vending to Please won the work with a bid of $20,000 and the two competing bids were $18,000 and $18,300.
Frank Anthony’s has been the pool vendor once before, shortly after it opened its original location on Grove Avenue.
UPDATE: We got an email from Frank Anthony’s owner Anthony Tortoriello about his pool plans this morning. “We are going to keep a traditional approach to the food at the VCP snack bar, simple food, high quality ingredients, and good service,” he wrote. ” We are going to try some new things this year based on feedback from previous years, like a $5 ‘kids or value’ menu which would include a combo of sandwich, fries and drink for $5. Also we are working on a system of order at the counter and we will deliver the food to the table. Lenny Waterman and I are just trying to figure out how to number the tables. And although we feel it’s best to keep the menu simple, guests will be able to enjoy the same quality of food we serve at the restaurant, at the pool.”
Get News Updates By Email
Thanksgiving Football Game Cancelled
The Thanksgiving football game between Verona and Caldwell has...
- Posted 8 hours ago
For Thanksgiving, An Animal Rescue
This past weekend, with Thanksgiving and all of its...
- Posted 9 hours ago
For Thanksgiving, Gratitude And Graffiti
When you go for a stroll to walk off...
- Posted 9 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago