- Police Warn About Utility Worker ScamPosted 22 hours ago
- No, It’s Not The IRS CallingPosted 1 week ago
- Planning Board Approves VHS Field RenovationPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Teen Arrested In Gas Station BurglaryPosted 3 weeks ago
- Planning Board Hears Field Plan As Costs RisePosted 4 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Promotions For Verona Police OfficersPosted 2 months ago
- Pair Charged With Verona BurglariesPosted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For November 2015Posted 2 months ago
Frank Anthony’s To Be Pool Food Vendor
Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Italian has been awarded the contract to be the food vendor at Verona pool for the 2014 summer season, succeeding Bagelwich.
The pool vendor contract goes to the highest bidder and Frank Anthony’s bid $17,500 for the work. That is down substantially from previous years. Bagelwich won the business in 2013 with a bid of $25,108. In 2012, a new contractor called Vending to Please won the work with a bid of $20,000 and the two competing bids were $18,000 and $18,300.
Frank Anthony’s has been the pool vendor once before, shortly after it opened its original location on Grove Avenue.
UPDATE: We got an email from Frank Anthony’s owner Anthony Tortoriello about his pool plans this morning. “We are going to keep a traditional approach to the food at the VCP snack bar, simple food, high quality ingredients, and good service,” he wrote. ” We are going to try some new things this year based on feedback from previous years, like a $5 ‘kids or value’ menu which would include a combo of sandwich, fries and drink for $5. Also we are working on a system of order at the counter and we will deliver the food to the table. Lenny Waterman and I are just trying to figure out how to number the tables. And although we feel it’s best to keep the menu simple, guests will be able to enjoy the same quality of food we serve at the restaurant, at the pool.”
Get News Updates By Email
The Verona Diner, Reinvented
An omelet with kale and goat cheese, a quinoa...
- Posted 8 hours ago
VHS Grad Produces Free Hip-Hop Show
Allison Smartt, a 2007 graduate of Verona High School...
- Posted 9 hours ago
Cops & Rockers Returns
Cops & ￼￼Rockers, the teen band competition sponsored by...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago