- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 4 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 6 days ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Top Stories For 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 9-16, 2016Posted 4 weeks ago
- Top Stories For November 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 2 – December 9, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 25 – December 2, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 1 month ago
- Water Main Break On ParkPosted 2 months ago
Frank Anthony’s To Be Pool Food Vendor
Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Italian has been awarded the contract to be the food vendor at Verona pool for the 2014 summer season, succeeding Bagelwich.
The pool vendor contract goes to the highest bidder and Frank Anthony’s bid $17,500 for the work. That is down substantially from previous years. Bagelwich won the business in 2013 with a bid of $25,108. In 2012, a new contractor called Vending to Please won the work with a bid of $20,000 and the two competing bids were $18,000 and $18,300.
Frank Anthony’s has been the pool vendor once before, shortly after it opened its original location on Grove Avenue.
UPDATE: We got an email from Frank Anthony’s owner Anthony Tortoriello about his pool plans this morning. “We are going to keep a traditional approach to the food at the VCP snack bar, simple food, high quality ingredients, and good service,” he wrote. ” We are going to try some new things this year based on feedback from previous years, like a $5 ‘kids or value’ menu which would include a combo of sandwich, fries and drink for $5. Also we are working on a system of order at the counter and we will deliver the food to the table. Lenny Waterman and I are just trying to figure out how to number the tables. And although we feel it’s best to keep the menu simple, guests will be able to enjoy the same quality of food we serve at the restaurant, at the pool.”
Get News Updates By Email
Frelinghuysen: Trump Will Be Good Commander-In-Chief
During the primaries, Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-11th Dist.) was...
- Posted 9 mins ago
Michael Domenic Tucci, Owned Verona Barbershop
Mr. Michael Domenic Tucci, 94, died on January 9,...
- Posted 50 mins ago
UNICO Sets Sunday Dinner Fundraiser
The Verona Chapter of UNICO will be hosting a...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago