- Vandalism At HBWPosted 2 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 3 weeks ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 4 weeks ago
- Person Of The Year 2014: Maureen TracyPosted 1 month ago
- Mistrial Again In Pritchard Murder CasePosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For November 2014Posted 1 month ago
- State Champs! Hillbillies Defeat CresskillPosted 2 months ago
- Thanksgiving Game Cancellation StandsPosted 2 months ago
- Car Totalled In Avenue CrashPosted 2 months ago
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 2 months ago
Frank Anthony’s To Be Pool Food Vendor
Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Italian has been awarded the contract to be the food vendor at Verona pool for the 2014 summer season, succeeding Bagelwich.
The pool vendor contract goes to the highest bidder and Frank Anthony’s bid $17,500 for the work. That is down substantially from previous years. Bagelwich won the business in 2013 with a bid of $25,108. In 2012, a new contractor called Vending to Please won the work with a bid of $20,000 and the two competing bids were $18,000 and $18,300.
Frank Anthony’s has been the pool vendor once before, shortly after it opened its original location on Grove Avenue.
UPDATE: We got an email from Frank Anthony’s owner Anthony Tortoriello about his pool plans this morning. “We are going to keep a traditional approach to the food at the VCP snack bar, simple food, high quality ingredients, and good service,” he wrote. ” We are going to try some new things this year based on feedback from previous years, like a $5 ‘kids or value’ menu which would include a combo of sandwich, fries and drink for $5. Also we are working on a system of order at the counter and we will deliver the food to the table. Lenny Waterman and I are just trying to figure out how to number the tables. And although we feel it’s best to keep the menu simple, guests will be able to enjoy the same quality of food we serve at the restaurant, at the pool.”
Get News Updates By Email
Snowmen–And Fully Inflated Snowballs
Prev1 of 6Next Verona knows what to do with...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Hillbillies Upset Shabazz
The VHS Hillbillies defeated Shabazz on Thursday night in...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Big New Listings In Verona
The very tight Verona real estate market may be...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago