- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 4 weeks ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 1 month ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 months ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: James Hill
In the statistics-crazed world that is baseball, there are some stats that draw more attention than others, like five hits in 12 at bats. Add to that the fact that, over those 12 at bats, the same player had three runs scored, a double and an RBI, and the eyebrows go up even higher. The player with those stats is this week’s Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week, James Hill.
Hill is a two-year starter at second base for the Verona High School baseball team and he has been having a strong senior season. When Verona squared off against Montclair Kimberley Academy in its second game, Hill had three hits in four at bats and one of them was a double. (He’s got four doubles to his credit so far).
And while baseball is clearly in his blood–his grandfather has been the baseball coach at Rutgers University for three decades–it is far from his only contribution to Verona High School or the Verona community. Hill is an active member of the youth group at Our Lady of the Lake and also wrestled for VHS for several years. If the weather holds, you can see Hill in action this afternoon against Glen Ridge at 4 p.m. on Doc Goeltz Field.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Get News Updates By Email
Richard J. Bevilacqua, 73
Mr. Richard J. Bevilacqua, 73, died on August 23,...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Punk Rock To Benefit Montclair Animal Shelter
The non-profit organization Mosh For Paws is holding a...
- Posted 1 day ago
Holy Spirit Food Pantry Open Saturday
This Saturday, August 27, is the fourth Saturday of...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago