- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 7 days ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 4 months ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 4 months ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 months ago
Plant Sale Fundraisers Abound
The Garden Club of Montclair plant sale starts today, Thursday, May 1, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. On Friday, May 2, the hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday, May 3, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The sale, located at 108 Orange Road, in Montclair, will feature deer resistant plants, annuals and perennials, and container gardens.
The Montclair Historical Society will be holding its annual herb sale at the same time at the Israel Crane House, which is next door 110 Orange Road. “The truck carrying the herbs for our annual herb sale arrived early this morning,” Jane Eliasof, the Verona resident who heads the MHS, wrote on her blog yesterday. “Each year, as we unload the plants, I’m delighted by the mingling smells of rosemary, basil, scented geraniums, mint, and more. Even as the rain poured down around us, I took a moment to revel in the smell, and wondered if the people who did this fundraiser years before me felt the same way.”
The Cedar Grove Historical Society is hosting its plant sale at the Morgan Farm and Museum on Saturday, May 3, and Sunday May 4, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Geraniums, begonias, hibiscus, lavender and many other outdoor plants will be on sale along with birdhouses and local honey. Tours of the historic Canfield/Morgan Farmhouse will be also given. Morgan Farm is located at 903 Pompton Avenue, near the intersection with Fairview.
You can now follow the Verona Environmental Commission on Facebook.
Get News Updates By Email
Volunteers Weed, Water New Peckman Plantings
The Verona Environmental Commission is giving a shout-out to...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Lemonade With A Twist
True entrepreneurs are great at finding opportunity. So Amanda...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Junior Legion Team Finishes On Top
The Verona Junior Legion baseball team ended its season...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago