- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 5 days ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 1 month ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 1 month ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
Plant Sale Fundraisers Abound
The Garden Club of Montclair plant sale starts today, Thursday, May 1, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. On Friday, May 2, the hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday, May 3, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The sale, located at 108 Orange Road, in Montclair, will feature deer resistant plants, annuals and perennials, and container gardens.
The Montclair Historical Society will be holding its annual herb sale at the same time at the Israel Crane House, which is next door 110 Orange Road. “The truck carrying the herbs for our annual herb sale arrived early this morning,” Jane Eliasof, the Verona resident who heads the MHS, wrote on her blog yesterday. “Each year, as we unload the plants, I’m delighted by the mingling smells of rosemary, basil, scented geraniums, mint, and more. Even as the rain poured down around us, I took a moment to revel in the smell, and wondered if the people who did this fundraiser years before me felt the same way.”
The Cedar Grove Historical Society is hosting its plant sale at the Morgan Farm and Museum on Saturday, May 3, and Sunday May 4, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Geraniums, begonias, hibiscus, lavender and many other outdoor plants will be on sale along with birdhouses and local honey. Tours of the historic Canfield/Morgan Farmhouse will be also given. Morgan Farm is located at 903 Pompton Avenue, near the intersection with Fairview.
You can now follow the Verona Environmental Commission on Facebook.
Get News Updates By Email
Cheerleaders Say Thanks
The Verona High School Cheerleaders had a car wash...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Verona Fire Department Uses Home For Training
Recently, in conjunction with the Essex Fells Fire Department,...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Brookdale Fall Festival Coming
Brookdale Avenue School will hold its annual Fall Festival...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago