- No, It’s Not The IRS CallingPosted 3 days ago
- Planning Board Approves VHS Field RenovationPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Teen Arrested In Gas Station BurglaryPosted 3 weeks ago
- Planning Board Hears Field Plan As Costs RisePosted 3 weeks ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2015Posted 1 month ago
- Promotions For Verona Police OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Pair Charged With Verona BurglariesPosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For November 2015Posted 2 months ago
- VHS Alumnus Krupp Hails Climate Change AccordPosted 2 months ago
Plant Sale Fundraisers Abound
The Garden Club of Montclair plant sale starts today, Thursday, May 1, from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. On Friday, May 2, the hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturday, May 3, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The sale, located at 108 Orange Road, in Montclair, will feature deer resistant plants, annuals and perennials, and container gardens.
The Montclair Historical Society will be holding its annual herb sale at the same time at the Israel Crane House, which is next door 110 Orange Road. “The truck carrying the herbs for our annual herb sale arrived early this morning,” Jane Eliasof, the Verona resident who heads the MHS, wrote on her blog yesterday. “Each year, as we unload the plants, I’m delighted by the mingling smells of rosemary, basil, scented geraniums, mint, and more. Even as the rain poured down around us, I took a moment to revel in the smell, and wondered if the people who did this fundraiser years before me felt the same way.”
The Cedar Grove Historical Society is hosting its plant sale at the Morgan Farm and Museum on Saturday, May 3, and Sunday May 4, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Geraniums, begonias, hibiscus, lavender and many other outdoor plants will be on sale along with birdhouses and local honey. Tours of the historic Canfield/Morgan Farmhouse will be also given. Morgan Farm is located at 903 Pompton Avenue, near the intersection with Fairview.
You can now follow the Verona Environmental Commission on Facebook.
Get News Updates By Email
Semi-Super Weekend In Verona Real Estate
All it takes is a little thing like Verona High...
- Posted 17 hours ago
VMAC Tips For A Safe Super Bowl
This Sunday an American tradition will take place with...
- Posted 19 hours ago
VHS Tops State High School Graduation Rates
Verona High School was the only town-specific public high...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago