- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 20 hours ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 2 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 4 weeks ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 month ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 1 month ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 1 month ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 months ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses Again
Dennis Handel has failed for a second time to win...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Vocal Group Welcomes New Singers
Verona Voices kicks off preparations for the fall season...
- Posted 3 days ago
Scott Chesney Gets His Wheels
Earlier this month, Scott Chesney started a GoFundMe campaign to...
- Posted 4 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago