- MyVeronaNJ Reader SurveyPosted 2 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 10-17, 2017Posted 2 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 3–10, 2017Posted 1 week ago
- Delayed Opening February 13Posted 1 week ago
- Snow Day!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Police Seek Information On Child Luring SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Deer Hunt Returns To Hilltop January 31Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: December 30, 2016 – January 6, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For December 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Top Stories For 2016Posted 2 months ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
Frelinghuysen Meets With VHS Students
Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen spent the first afternoon of the...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Frelinghuysen Urges Feds To Investigate Anti-Semitic Threats
U.S. Congressman Rodney Frelinghuysen (NJ-11), who represents Verona in...
- Posted 16 hours ago
Fire Department Honors Gerlach
The Verona Fire Department threw a testimonial dinner for...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago