- State Champs! Hillbillies Defeat CresskillPosted 2 weeks ago
- Thanksgiving Game Cancellation StandsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Car Totalled In Avenue CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 1 month ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 month ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 month ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 month ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 1 month ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
Girls Track Scores Firsts As Ashley Returns
The Verona High School girls winter track team kicked...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Quiet Christmas For Verona Real Estate
The Verona real estate market is taking something of...
- Posted 19 hours ago
John P. Plath, 81
Mr. John P. Plath, 81, who was a kind,...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago