- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 3 weeks ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 2 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 2 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 2 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 2 months ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 3 months ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 3 months ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 3 months ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 3 months ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
High-End Price Adjustments
A half million dollars has long been the psychological...
- Posted 1 day ago
Eric Mortenson Memorial Golf Tournament
The Eric Mortenson Scholarship Fund Committee proudly announces that...
- Posted 2 days ago
Vega Performs At Kennedy Center
Caldwell University Music department faculty member Rebecca Vega and...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago