- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 3 days ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 week ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 3 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 2 months ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 2 months ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 2 months ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 2 months ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
In Tennis’ Quiet, A Very Loud Season
You’ll never find the crowd at a Verona High...
- Posted 1 hour ago
Dog’s Best Friend Expanding
Dog’s Best Friend Training and Walking Service is looking...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Rotary Club Gift To OLL Students
Georgia Brown of the Rotary Club of Montclair presents...
- Posted 9 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago