- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 2 days ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 week ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 4 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago