- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 2 weeks ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 3 weeks ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 4 weeks ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 4 weeks ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 2 months ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 2 months ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 2 months ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 2 months ago
- Attempted Break In On WoodlandPosted 2 months ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
West Essex Teacher To Be New VHS Vice Principal
The Verona Board of Education tonight approved the hiring...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Library Hosts Music Journalist
Author Maryanne Christiano-Mistretta will visit the Verona Public Library...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
I’ve been thinking about making this ice cream flavor...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago