- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For September 2014Posted 1 week ago
- PBA, Town Talk Tech But No SolutionPosted 3 weeks ago
- Veronan Named NJ Teacher Of The YearPosted 3 weeks ago
- Gas Station Murder Case To Be RetriedPosted 3 weeks ago
- Softball Field VandalizedPosted 4 weeks ago
- Veronans Join People’s Climate MarchPosted 1 month ago
- Top Stories For August 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 1 month ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 2 months ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
BOE Candidates Address Public
The five candidates for this November’s Board of Education...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Stuffed Pumpkin Cupcakes
Pumpkin season is awesome! OK, you already knew that,...
- Posted 1 day ago
Kids Program Continues At Beth Ahm
Congregation Beth Ahm will continue Jewish AdventureTime, its new...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago