- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 3 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 6 days ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 1 week ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 week ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 week ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 3 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
Hillbillies Head To Championship
The Verona High School Hillbillies football team is headed...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Cub Scouts Sell Holiday Wreaths
Verona’s Cub Scout Pack 31 is selling fresh holiday...
- Posted 1 day ago
Church Lady Gets A Facelift
For decades, the house at 46 Montrose Avenue had...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago