- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 6 days ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 1 month ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 1 month ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
Mistrial Declared In Gas Station Murder Case
Raymond Perry, who now uses the name Tariq Kyam, was facing murder and robbery charges for the Feb. 22, 2009, shooting of Pritchard, then just 29. Pritchard was a Boonton resident at the time of his death but he had grown up in Verona.
The Essex County Prosecutor’s Office had gotten Perry’s cousin, David Fate, to plead guilty to being an accomplice to the slaying and Fate testified against Perry in the trial.
On Tuesday, the jury ended its fourth day of deliberations by advising court officials that they were “hopelessly deadlocked”. Judge Petrolle asked the jury to resume deliberations, but it was to no avail.
A spokeswoman for the Prosecutor’s Office said this afternoon that it intends to retry Perry.
Get News Updates By Email
HBW Student Organizes Pediatric Cancer Fundraiser
Brendan Semeraro, a student at H.B. Whitehorne Middle School,...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Can You Adopt Rosie?
Meet Rosie, a three-year-old Shih Tzu who needs someone...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Police To Hold Drug Disposal Day
On Saturday, September 27, from 10 a.m. to 2...
- Posted 21 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago