- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 53 mins ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 3 hours ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 5 days ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 3 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 4 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 1 month ago
Your Garden Can Help Soup Kitchen
Verona’s service organizations often call for donations of canned goods and prepared food for Toni’s Kitchen, the soup kitchen that operates out of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in Montclair. Now you can help with your garden, too.
Toni’s Kitchen is encouraging people to plant a row in their vegetable gardens for it. Food banks and soup kitchens often find it very hard to get fresh food, and “grow-a-row” movements have sprung up around the country to fill the gap. “Growing your own veggies or herbs and donating them to Toni’s is a great way to give back to those in our community who are in need,” Toni’s Kitchen says on its Web site.
And if you bought more vegetable seeds that you can use at home, you can also donate those to Toni’s Kitchen, which will pass them along to volunteers who have space to plant them. For more details, see the food ministry’s Web site.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago