- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 13 hours ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 4 days ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 5 days ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 3 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
Town Breaks Ground On Youth Sports Fields
The event was attended by both the current Town Council, which last April approved $5.125 million in bonds to fund the construction; Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo Jr. (the county had ceded the former site of its women’s prison to Verona as part of the Hilltop redevelopment); and former officials such as Robert Detore, who floated the original idea for the fields while he was on the Council in 2001.
Town Manager Joe Martin said Monday that he expects the new fields to be ready for play in 15 months.
Get News Updates By Email
8th Grade Girls Take Summer Hoops Title
Verona’s eighth grade girls summer basketball team rode a...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Subway Robber Gets 18+ Years
A Newark man was sentenced on July 30 to...
- Posted 13 hours ago
HBW Track Gets Ready For New Surface
If you’ve been out for a jog or a...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago