- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 2 weeks ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 3 weeks ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 4 weeks ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 4 weeks ago
- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 2 months ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 2 months ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 2 months ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 2 months ago
- Attempted Break In On WoodlandPosted 2 months ago
Parenting Pre-Teens And Teens
Teenage years are difficult for both you and your child. Understanding, education and the development of skills is necessary to assist your child at this critical crossroads that can affect their lives for many years ahead.
Tom Palermo, Executive Director of Positive Parenting, will present a workshop on parenting pre-teens and teens on Thursday, April 24, at 7:30 p.m. at the Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Avenue. Palermo will address such topics as:
- Why Teenagers Do What They do?
- Understanding your Child’s Struggle with Independence and Identity
- Ways to Assist Your Child in Developing Their Own Values
- Realistic Expectations When Raising Your Teen
- How to Avoid Taking Your Child’s Behavior Personally
- Strategies to Talk with Your Teen and Stay informed
- Techniques for Strengthening Your Relationship to Reduce External Risks
- Practical Dos and Don’ts of Parenting a Teen
If you are interested in attending this program you must pre-register online at www.veronanj.org/recreation
Get News Updates By Email
Hilltop Mountain Bike Race August 15
The sixth annual Hilltop Grasshopper Kid’s Mountain Bike Race...
- Posted 8 hours ago
BOE Alters VHS Field Plan
When Verona voters overwhelmingly approved the public school referendum...
- Posted 19 hours ago
Three Candidates Vie For 2 BOE Seats
John Quattrocchi is running for a fifth term on...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago