- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 9 hours ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Votes For Clinton, TrumpPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 20-27Posted 4 weeks ago
- Coyote AlertPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 13-20Posted 1 month ago
- Surveillance Camera Helps Police Nab Burglary SuspectPosted 1 month ago
- Sampson Drive Closing For Field WorkPosted 1 month ago
Parenting Pre-Teens And Teens
Teenage years are difficult for both you and your child. Understanding, education and the development of skills is necessary to assist your child at this critical crossroads that can affect their lives for many years ahead.
Tom Palermo, Executive Director of Positive Parenting, will present a workshop on parenting pre-teens and teens on Thursday, April 24, at 7:30 p.m. at the Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Avenue. Palermo will address such topics as:
- Why Teenagers Do What They do?
- Understanding your Child’s Struggle with Independence and Identity
- Ways to Assist Your Child in Developing Their Own Values
- Realistic Expectations When Raising Your Teen
- How to Avoid Taking Your Child’s Behavior Personally
- Strategies to Talk with Your Teen and Stay informed
- Techniques for Strengthening Your Relationship to Reduce External Risks
- Practical Dos and Don’ts of Parenting a Teen
If you are interested in attending this program you must pre-register online at www.veronanj.org/recreation
Get News Updates By Email
Developer, Property Owner Clash Over New Apartments
If you’ve driven east on Bloomfield Avenue recently, you...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-Run
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn A. Murray and Verona...
- Posted 9 hours ago
From VHS Comp Sci To The Defense Department
Shelley Herman was once one of the smart kids...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago