- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 day ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 days ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 3 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 4 months ago
Parenting Pre-Teens And Teens
Teenage years are difficult for both you and your child. Understanding, education and the development of skills is necessary to assist your child at this critical crossroads that can affect their lives for many years ahead.
Tom Palermo, Executive Director of Positive Parenting, will present a workshop on parenting pre-teens and teens on Thursday, April 24, at 7:30 p.m. at the Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Avenue. Palermo will address such topics as:
- Why Teenagers Do What They do?
- Understanding your Child’s Struggle with Independence and Identity
- Ways to Assist Your Child in Developing Their Own Values
- Realistic Expectations When Raising Your Teen
- How to Avoid Taking Your Child’s Behavior Personally
- Strategies to Talk with Your Teen and Stay informed
- Techniques for Strengthening Your Relationship to Reduce External Risks
- Practical Dos and Don’ts of Parenting a Teen
If you are interested in attending this program you must pre-register online at www.veronanj.org/recreation
Get News Updates By Email
5 Candidates Vie For Board Of Education Seat
Five Verona residents have filed to run for the...
- Posted 8 hours ago
Summer Reading Inspires Lemonade Stand
As a culminating activity to their reading of Jacqueline...
- Posted 13 hours ago
Investors Bank To Again Lead YMCA Gala
Jo Ann Short, president/CEO of the YMCA of Montclair,...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago