- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 3 days ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 4 days ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 3 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 4 months ago
OLL To Celebrate 90th Anniversary
Our Lady of the Lake church is turning 90 and there’s going to be a weekend of celebration in May.
On Saturday, May 17, there will be a gathering of OLL alumni in the school auditorium from 7 to 9 p.m. On Sunday, May 18, there’s a special mass at noon, followed by an afternoon gathering at the Villa at Mountain Lakes from 3 to 6 p.m.
Catholics in Verona had begun petitioning for a church as early as 1914, but it wasn’t until July 1923 that the Bishop of Newark granted the request. The construction of the original brick building on Lakeside Avenue broke ground in January 1924 and the congregation celebrated its first mass in July of that year.
Tickets for the alumni event are $25, which includes beer, wine, and dinner. Attire is casual but guests must be 21 years of age or older. You can learn more on the event’s Facebook page. Tara McGarrity is gathering alumni photos for the event, and if you have any to share, she asks that you e-mail them to her.
The afternoon event on Sunday, May 18 costs $35 per person and includes food, music and a cash bar. You can download a ticket order form here. If you have an OLL photo from the parish, school, Holy Sacrament, or activities from years that you would like to add to the slideshow that afternoon, please email JPEG to OLL90th@gmail.com by May 1. The organizers are asking that you indicate the year taken and who is in the photo if possible.
For more information, see OLL’s newly redesigned Website.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago