- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 1 week ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
- BOE Prez Faults Town Engineer For Field RumorsPosted 4 months ago
- Lower Linden Avenue Closing For ConstructionPosted 4 months ago
- Mt. Prospect Closed Southbound Until Sunday MorningPosted 4 months ago
Verona Public Library Celebrates National Library Week
During the week of April 13-19, the Verona Public Library will join libraries in schools, campuses and communities nationwide in celebrating National Library Week, a time to highlight the value of libraries, librarians and library workers.
The Verona Public Library serves the community by providing the latest publications in fiction and nonfiction, and a solid collection of the best that literature has produced in the past. E-books are available for borrowing and the collection of digital titles is growing. The Library has a wide selection of DVDs and is actively acquiring new movies as they become available. There are computers for the public to use and there is wireless access for laptop users. Our research databases include Pronunciator, the world’s largest language learning service, the historical New York Times (beginning in 1851), the Star Ledger and Ebsco, the portal to hundreds of popular magazines as well as scholarly journals.
The Verona Public Library is celebrating National Library Week by offering amnesty on fines, Sunday April 13 through Saturday April 19. The rich history of Verona Library will be featured in a presentation by town historian Robert Williams, on Tuesday, April 15 at 7:30 p.m. Children are invited to “Library Bingo”, the game where everyone wins, on Wednesday, April 16 at 3:30 p.m.
For more information, visit the Verona Library at 17 Gould St., call (973) 857-4848 or see the library’s Web site.
Get News Updates By Email
Volunteers Weed, Water New Peckman Plantings
The Verona Environmental Commission is giving a shout-out to...
- Posted 9 hours ago
Lemonade With A Twist
True entrepreneurs are great at finding opportunity. So Amanda...
- Posted 11 hours ago
Junior Legion Team Finishes On Top
The Verona Junior Legion baseball team ended its season...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago