- Verona Police Blotter: April 9-15, 2017Posted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: April 2-8, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Crack Down On Distracted DrivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 26–April 1, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rochelle Park Police Nab Alleged Verona Bank SkimmersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 month ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 month ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Sarah Conboy
The Verona High School girls track & field team had its opening meet this week, and Sarah Conboy certainly put her best foot forward. Several times in fact: Conboy led her team to decisive wins over Montclair Kimberley Academy and Glen Ridge with personal performances that were outstanding.
Conboy opened up the meet with a first place finish in the 400m hurdles in a time of 1:17.8. She later came back with a second place finish in the 100m high hurdles and, with only a short period of rest, Conboy dominated a strong field of 14 runners in the 800m, finishing first with a time of 2:41. For her accomplishments, Sarah Conboy is this week’s Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
Conboy is a four-year winter and spring track athlete who has also spent three years on cross country. She has accumulated numerous conference, county and state accolades throughout the years: As part of the 4 x 800m team last year, Conboy got Verona a first in the state sectional championships and, at the state Group Track & Field Championships last June, Conboy helped delivere a time that was both a school and meet record. She qualified last year for the Meet of Champions.
The senior is also regarded as an accomplished leader and teammate. “She has been a team captain during each sport this year,” says Coach Gene Leporati, “and continues to demonstrate a commitment to dedication and training each and everyday.”
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Wye Not: Politics, Or Pasta?
RepublishReprint Since the presidential election last November, Verona resident...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Real Estate: Starter Homes And Price Cuts
RepublishReprint Often, the hardest thing about living in Verona...
- Posted 22 hours ago
Girls Lacrosse In ECT Quarterfinals Saturday
RepublishReprint Tomorrow, Saturday April 22, the Verona High School...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago