- Pompton Ave. Crash Sends Driver To HospitalPosted 2 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 9-16, 2016Posted 4 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Aug. 26 – Sept. 9, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Resident Arrested In Cedar Grove BurglaryPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Mother, Daughter Arrested In Drug BustPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 2 months ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 2 months ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Sarah Conboy
The Verona High School girls track & field team had its opening meet this week, and Sarah Conboy certainly put her best foot forward. Several times in fact: Conboy led her team to decisive wins over Montclair Kimberley Academy and Glen Ridge with personal performances that were outstanding.
Conboy opened up the meet with a first place finish in the 400m hurdles in a time of 1:17.8. She later came back with a second place finish in the 100m high hurdles and, with only a short period of rest, Conboy dominated a strong field of 14 runners in the 800m, finishing first with a time of 2:41. For her accomplishments, Sarah Conboy is this week’s Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
Conboy is a four-year winter and spring track athlete who has also spent three years on cross country. She has accumulated numerous conference, county and state accolades throughout the years: As part of the 4 x 800m team last year, Conboy got Verona a first in the state sectional championships and, at the state Group Track & Field Championships last June, Conboy helped delivere a time that was both a school and meet record. She qualified last year for the Meet of Champions.
The senior is also regarded as an accomplished leader and teammate. “She has been a team captain during each sport this year,” says Coach Gene Leporati, “and continues to demonstrate a commitment to dedication and training each and everyday.”
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Get News Updates By Email
Zombie 5K/Walk To Benefit Soccer Scholarships
The Nick Tanelli Children’s Soccer Foundation, which awards scholarships...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Verona Real Estate’s High Life
Let’s face it: We all like to have big,...
- Posted 1 day ago
Pompton Ave. Crash Sends Driver To Hospital
A female driver was airlifted to St. Joseph’s Regional...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago