- Verona Rescue Squad Responds To Hoboken Train CrashPosted 2 days ago
- Arrest Made In August CrashPosted 2 days ago
- Water Main Break In Forest SectionPosted 2 days ago
- New Challenge For Verona’s Water SupplyPosted 5 days ago
- Pompton Ave. Crash Sends Driver To HospitalPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 9-16, 2016Posted 1 week ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Aug. 26 – Sept. 9, 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Resident Arrested In Cedar Grove BurglaryPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Mother, Daughter Arrested In Drug BustPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 1 month ago
Juniors Raise Awareness About Child Abuse Prevention
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month and the Junior Woman’s Club of Verona is partnering with Prevent Child Abuse-New Jersey for the Pinwheels for Prevention campaign. This campaign offers citizens, businesses and community groups an opportunity to make a difference for the children in their neighborhood by purchasing a pinwheel or “cyber” pinwheel. Every child deserves a happy, healthy and safe childhood.
“Pinwheels remind us of carefree, happy childhoods,” explains Lorri Caffrey of the Junior Woman’s Club. “They are a visible symbol of the kind of childhood every kid deserves.”
In recognition of Child Abuse Prevention month, the Junior Woman’s Club of Verona will be planting a pinwheel garden at the Verona Community Center on Thursday, April 24, and will also plant a “cyber” garden via their website. One hundred percent of the proceeds from this event will benefit Prevent Child Abuse-New Jersey. Please donate a pinwheel, no later than April 15) in either or both gardens and help give a brighter tomorrow to a child in need.
“When the well-being of children and their families becomes the priority of everyone in a community, the number of child abuse and neglect incidents will decrease,” says Kristen Donohue, club president. “Other good things also happen for families, including better health outcomes, improved school performance and stronger economic self-sufficiency.”
For more information, to donate and to learn how you can make a difference in a child’s life, please visit us on the web at www.veronajuniors.org.
Get News Updates By Email
Cyber Safety Presentation For Parents
Is your child on Instagram, PokemonGo, Minecraft, Snapchat, Facebook,...
- Posted 3 hours ago
Craig C. Maziarz, 69
Mr. Craig C. Maziarz, 69, died on September 28,...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Verona Rescue Squad Responds To Hoboken Train Crash
Michael J. Verrone was watching the coverage of this...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago