- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 6 days ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 1 month ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 1 month ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
Lacrosse Camp At Centennial This Summer
Evolution Lacrosse Academy, a premiere lacrosse-training program in Northern New Jersey, will once again offer summer camps designed to foster a love for lacrosse and help players evolve at all levels.
One-week camps for boys, girls and Mini-Laxers will be held at Centennial Field in Verona the weeks of July 7-11 and July 21-25.
The camps will be led by Matt Podwoski, founder of Evolution Lacrosse Academy, who has 20 years experience as an educator and coach.
Podwoski and his trained staff of lacrosse-player coaches focus on fun and active learning. The program provides an age-appropriate curriculum, as well as affordable and safe instruction in a positive environment. Parents can expect an excellent coach-to-player ratio of 1:5.
“We had over 100 players attend camp in the summer of 2013,” Podwoski said. “We hope to see many returning campers as well as new faces this year.”
Evolution Lacrosse was created to foster a passion for the sport of lacrosse, Podwoski said.
“By offering our unique skill-progression program, we reinforce the fundamentals in ways that build confidence, so that players grow and evolve into responsible, talented athletes,” he said.
One-week boys and girls camps for children in Grades 2-8 run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday. Mini-Laxers camp, for Pre-K, K and First Grade, run from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., Monday through Friday. Register before April 15 and receive a $40 early-bird discount. (Discount not available to Mini-Laxers.)
Get News Updates By Email
HBW Student Organizes Pediatric Cancer Fundraiser
Brendan Semeraro, a student at H.B. Whitehorne Middle School,...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Can You Adopt Rosie?
Meet Rosie, a three-year-old Shih Tzu who needs someone...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Police To Hold Drug Disposal Day
On Saturday, September 27, from 10 a.m. to 2...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago