Mills Reservation Dog Death Not Caused By Poison

By on March 22, 2014

Screen Shot 2014-03-17 at 4.45.14 PMThe owner of the dog who died after a walk in the Mills Reservation last weekend has said that her dog did not die from poisoning. While an emergency veterinarian had suspected that the dog had ingested something poisonous, the necropsy performed on the animal showed that it had a spleenic tumor that ruptured. The dog’s owner posted the information on Friday to a Web bulletin board.

The Essex County Sheriff’s Office told us today that this was the only dog death in the Mills Reservation that has been reported to it. The Essex County spot, which runs from the reservoir in Cedar Grove over the hill into Montclair, is a popular spot for dog walkers.

  • New Pastor Coming To OLL As Father Mike Retires


  • Before you comment, read our Comments Policy

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

    Get News Updates By Email

    Video

    Facebook