- Manhole Explosions Close Bloomfield AvenuePosted 3 weeks ago
- Snow Closes Schools, Postpones Musical, PlayoffsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Snow Day 2: Verona Public Schools ClosedPosted 2 months ago
- Superintendent Warns About DriverPosted 2 months ago
- Parking, Trash Changes During Snow StormPosted 2 months ago
- Early School Dismissal Called For MondayPosted 2 months ago
- Vandalism At HBWPosted 3 months ago
- MyVeronaNJ.com’s Top Stories For 2014Posted 3 months ago
- Top Stories For December 2014Posted 3 months ago
- Person Of The Year 2014: Maureen TracyPosted 3 months ago
Learn About Workplace Rights For Women
Moms of Verona and Caldwell are excited to host a seminar called “Women, Moms and Expectant Moms in the Workplace” on Tuesday, April 1, at 8 p.m. at the Verona Public Library, located at 17 Gould Street in Verona. Kathryn McClure, Senior Associate with Deutsch Atkins, P.C., will be leading the discussion.
Working women, and especially working soon-to-be-moms, are more entitled than ever to a workplace free from discrimination, retaliation, harassment and intimidation. Whether you are woman concerned that your male co-workers are earning more than you for doing the same work, an expectant mom exploring her options for family leave and rights under New Jersey’s new anti-pregnancy discrimination law, or a soon-to-be mom disabled by a high-risk pregnancy in need of accommodation, this seminar will provide you with the information you need to know about your rights under state and federal law.
McClure, a senior associate with Deutsch Atkins, P.C., in Hackensack, has devoted her legal career to the practice of employment law representing employees who have been subject to unlawful workplace conduct. She represents employees in all areas of employment law, including sex, age, race, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy discrimination, and sexual harassment.
This seminar is free and registration is not required. Questions in advance can be sent to Ms. McClure at [email protected] For more information on Moms of Verona and Caldwell, see their Facebook page.
Get News Updates By Email
Real Estate Twins
There are many houses that look alike in Verona....
- Posted 35 mins ago
Ronald Dapuzzo, 64
Mr. Ronald Dapuzzo, 64, died at home on March...
- Posted 1 day ago
Letter: Don’t Just Vote Friendship, Research Candidates
Dear Editor: Do you have a neighbor or friend...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago