- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 days ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 4 weeks ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 1 month ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 month ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 1 month ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 months ago
Learn About Workplace Rights For Women
Moms of Verona and Caldwell are excited to host a seminar called “Women, Moms and Expectant Moms in the Workplace” on Tuesday, April 1, at 8 p.m. at the Verona Public Library, located at 17 Gould Street in Verona. Kathryn McClure, Senior Associate with Deutsch Atkins, P.C., will be leading the discussion.
Working women, and especially working soon-to-be-moms, are more entitled than ever to a workplace free from discrimination, retaliation, harassment and intimidation. Whether you are woman concerned that your male co-workers are earning more than you for doing the same work, an expectant mom exploring her options for family leave and rights under New Jersey’s new anti-pregnancy discrimination law, or a soon-to-be mom disabled by a high-risk pregnancy in need of accommodation, this seminar will provide you with the information you need to know about your rights under state and federal law.
McClure, a senior associate with Deutsch Atkins, P.C., in Hackensack, has devoted her legal career to the practice of employment law representing employees who have been subject to unlawful workplace conduct. She represents employees in all areas of employment law, including sex, age, race, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, pregnancy discrimination, and sexual harassment.
This seminar is free and registration is not required. Questions in advance can be sent to Ms. McClure at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Moms of Verona and Caldwell, see their Facebook page.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago