- VHS Grad Saves Life At Montclair StatePosted 3 hours ago
- Water Main Break On ParkPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: November 11-18, 2016Posted 2 weeks ago
- Clinton Wins Verona As Trump Heads To White HousePosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: October 21-28, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Oct. 7-14, 2016Posted 2 months ago
- Claremont Construction Starts WednesdayPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Arrest Burglary SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Police Seek Attempted Robbery SuspectPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 23-30, 2016Posted 2 months ago
Chesney Nominated For ‘Local Hero’ Contest
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association is running a contest to highlight people with disabilities. Verona’s Scott Chesney has been nominated as a “Local Hero” in the contest and, if he wins he’ll get a new van that could help him get to many of the speaking engagements he has every year. Your vote could get him there.
Chesney was nominated for the award by Andrea Jordan, a physical education teacher at H.B. Whitehorne Middle School. Here’s what she wrote about him in part:
At age 15, Scott was struck by a tragic event in his life that left him paralyzed from the waist down. He was on the court during a varsity basketball game when he fell and began losing the feeling in his legs. Little did he know this was the beginning of an extremely physical, emotional, and mental journey he would have to endure. I’m sure Scott was not ready to travel down this path but for some reason I feel this path needed him and since then he has done amazing things and changed lives from his wheelchair. You see, Scott has a gift. He is able to see the good in everyone and helps those who are looking to find there way. I have seen him in action many times speaking to many different types of people (students and teachers) and in both cases has brought a tear to my eye and given me a new hope moving forward.
To be in the running for a new van, Chesney has to finish in the top 10% of the vote getters. To cast your vote, click here and use your Facebook account or you can register directly with the site. You’re allowed one vote per day, but you can vote more than once.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago