- Annin Pulls Loft PlanPosted 6 days ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 1 month ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 1 month ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 1 month ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 1 month ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 2 months ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 2 months ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 2 months ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
Chesney Nominated For ‘Local Hero’ Contest
The National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association is running a contest to highlight people with disabilities. Verona’s Scott Chesney has been nominated as a “Local Hero” in the contest and, if he wins he’ll get a new van that could help him get to many of the speaking engagements he has every year. Your vote could get him there.
Chesney was nominated for the award by Andrea Jordan, a physical education teacher at H.B. Whitehorne Middle School. Here’s what she wrote about him in part:
At age 15, Scott was struck by a tragic event in his life that left him paralyzed from the waist down. He was on the court during a varsity basketball game when he fell and began losing the feeling in his legs. Little did he know this was the beginning of an extremely physical, emotional, and mental journey he would have to endure. I’m sure Scott was not ready to travel down this path but for some reason I feel this path needed him and since then he has done amazing things and changed lives from his wheelchair. You see, Scott has a gift. He is able to see the good in everyone and helps those who are looking to find there way. I have seen him in action many times speaking to many different types of people (students and teachers) and in both cases has brought a tear to my eye and given me a new hope moving forward.
To be in the running for a new van, Chesney has to finish in the top 10% of the vote getters. To cast your vote, click here and use your Facebook account or you can register directly with the site. You’re allowed one vote per day, but you can vote more than once.
Get News Updates By Email
HBW Student Organizes Pediatric Cancer Fundraiser
Brendan Semeraro, a student at H.B. Whitehorne Middle School,...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Can You Adopt Rosie?
Meet Rosie, a three-year-old Shih Tzu who needs someone...
- Posted 10 hours ago
Police To Hold Drug Disposal Day
On Saturday, September 27, from 10 a.m. to 2...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago