- Verona Police Blotter: April 9-15, 2017Posted 5 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: April 2-8, 2017Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Crack Down On Distracted DrivingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 26–April 1, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Rochelle Park Police Nab Alleged Verona Bank SkimmersPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter Report March 19-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 1 month ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 month ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 1 month ago
Verona UNICO Hosts Italian Heritage Event
The Verona chapter of UNICO National invites residents to attend its “re-discover Your Italian Heritage” event on Sunday, March 23 from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Avenue.
Celebrate the culture, traditions and history of Italian Americans in a fun and festive atmosphere that will include food tastings, demos, a fun Italian lesson, entertainment and cultural info. Delicious homemade Italian specialties, such as brochettes, mozzarella and antipasto followed by and array of Italian desserts will be served while attendees enjoy an entertaining cultural program.
There will be special exhibit “Treasures from Home”, a display of mementos and collectables from Italy that were brought to America by ancestors of UNICO members.
Verona UNICO is a local chapter of UNICO National, the largest Italian-American service and charitable organization in America with over 120 local chapters in 21 states. Founded in 1922, UNICO National is dedicated to celebrating and defending Italian heritage while supporting charitable causes such as cancer research, Cooley’s anemia, mental health, granting scholarships to deserving young people and many other causes locally and nationally. New members are always welcome and applications will be available at the event.
There is no cost to attend this very special Italian Heritage event but reservations are required and attendance is limited. The deadline to make reservations in March 16. To reserve your spot or for more information, call 973-239-9332 or email [email protected]Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
Friday Meet & Greet For Ford
RepublishReprint Another Verona family held a Meet and Greet...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Wye Not: Politics, Or Pasta?
RepublishReprint Since the presidential election last November, Verona resident...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Real Estate: Starter Homes And Price Cuts
RepublishReprint Often, the hardest thing about living in Verona...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago