- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 4 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 1 month ago
Verona UNICO Hosts Italian Heritage Event
The Verona chapter of UNICO National invites residents to attend its “re-discover Your Italian Heritage” event on Sunday, March 23 from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Verona Community Center, 880 Bloomfield Avenue.
Celebrate the culture, traditions and history of Italian Americans in a fun and festive atmosphere that will include food tastings, demos, a fun Italian lesson, entertainment and cultural info. Delicious homemade Italian specialties, such as brochettes, mozzarella and antipasto followed by and array of Italian desserts will be served while attendees enjoy an entertaining cultural program.
There will be special exhibit “Treasures from Home”, a display of mementos and collectables from Italy that were brought to America by ancestors of UNICO members.
Verona UNICO is a local chapter of UNICO National, the largest Italian-American service and charitable organization in America with over 120 local chapters in 21 states. Founded in 1922, UNICO National is dedicated to celebrating and defending Italian heritage while supporting charitable causes such as cancer research, Cooley’s anemia, mental health, granting scholarships to deserving young people and many other causes locally and nationally. New members are always welcome and applications will be available at the event.
There is no cost to attend this very special Italian Heritage event but reservations are required and attendance is limited. The deadline to make reservations in March 16. To reserve your spot or for more information, call 973-239-9332 or email [email protected]Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
The Library’s Renovation PAL
RepublishReprint Yes, the Verona Public Library is going to...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Verona In Washington: Frelinghuysen Pulls Support For ACA Repeal, Senate Confirms Ambassador To Israel
RepublishReprint The news out of Capitol Hill this week...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Wye Not: A Peter Frelinghuysen Moment
RepublishReprint No, that’s not a typo in the headline....
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago