- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 21 hours ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 5 days ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 6 days ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Families Seek Leads In Nephew’s Murder As Reward GrowsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Paving Closes Streets On MondayPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Armed Robbery At Fuel StopPosted 2 months ago
- Fire Guts Linden Avenue GaragePosted 3 months ago
- Water Main Break Affects Hemlock, LaurelPosted 3 months ago
VHS Girls Basketball Heads To Finals
Playing at Verona, the Hillbillies clipped the wings of the Falcons and scored a 49-35 victory. The Hillbillies were in command of the court from the get-go, dominating every period of the game. Junior Sarah O’Neil controlled the back court and pacing, often seeming to pause and meditate before deciding where the next play would be. O’Neil had 11 points and 4 rebounds, and threw the Falcons off their flight path with 5 steals.
Senior Brielle Cummings had her best game all season, scoring 19 points and grabbing seven rebounds. On more than one occasion she simply muscled her way through the navy and yellow defenders to get where she needed to be. Verona’s defense, meanwhile, largely shut down the Falcon’s offense: They held Taylor Harmon, the top scorer for Saddle Brook this season, to just 12 points.
Led by starters O’Neil, Cummings, Julie Rosenberg, Caroline Kirnan, Claire Fitzpatrick and Remy Sullivan–the Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week this week–Verona has moved in a straight line toward the finals, staying focused through a tough schedule that had been made tougher by the threat of snow Monday. They defeated Waldwick High School 58-29 in the opener on Tuesday, and were back in top form on Wednesday, pushing aside Emerson Boro 43-35.
Verona, which went into the tournament as the number two seed, now faces top-ranked Midland Park, which rolled over Belvidere 61-27 in its semifinal last night. The final will take place on Tuesday, March 11 at 7 p.m. at the Bergen County school.
Get News Updates By Email
8th Grade Girls Take Summer Hoops Title
Verona’s eighth grade girls summer basketball team rode a...
- Posted 12 hours ago
Subway Robber Gets 18+ Years
A Newark man was sentenced on July 30 to...
- Posted 21 hours ago
HBW Track Gets Ready For New Surface
If you’ve been out for a jog or a...
- Posted 3 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago