- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 4 days ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 weeks ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town Opens Cooling CentersPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 24 – July 1Posted 3 weeks ago
- Traffic Signs–And Common SensePosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Seek Witnesses To Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Business Owner Killed In Hit And RunPosted 4 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: June 3-10Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: May 27-June 3Posted 2 months ago
VHS Girls Basketball Heads To Finals
Playing at Verona, the Hillbillies clipped the wings of the Falcons and scored a 49-35 victory. The Hillbillies were in command of the court from the get-go, dominating every period of the game. Junior Sarah O’Neil controlled the back court and pacing, often seeming to pause and meditate before deciding where the next play would be. O’Neil had 11 points and 4 rebounds, and threw the Falcons off their flight path with 5 steals.
Senior Brielle Cummings had her best game all season, scoring 19 points and grabbing seven rebounds. On more than one occasion she simply muscled her way through the navy and yellow defenders to get where she needed to be. Verona’s defense, meanwhile, largely shut down the Falcon’s offense: They held Taylor Harmon, the top scorer for Saddle Brook this season, to just 12 points.
Led by starters O’Neil, Cummings, Julie Rosenberg, Caroline Kirnan, Claire Fitzpatrick and Remy Sullivan–the Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week this week–Verona has moved in a straight line toward the finals, staying focused through a tough schedule that had been made tougher by the threat of snow Monday. They defeated Waldwick High School 58-29 in the opener on Tuesday, and were back in top form on Wednesday, pushing aside Emerson Boro 43-35.
Verona, which went into the tournament as the number two seed, now faces top-ranked Midland Park, which rolled over Belvidere 61-27 in its semifinal last night. The final will take place on Tuesday, March 11 at 7 p.m. at the Bergen County school.
Get News Updates By Email
Richard U. Mascera Sr., 86, Former Dentist
Richard U. Mascera Sr., DDS, 86, of Verona, passed...
- Posted 2 hours ago
Open Houses To Beat The Heat
You might not feel like moving from the fan...
- Posted 2 days ago
Verona’s Business Landmarks
Recently a friend posted a photo online of Pal’s...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago