- Residents Arrested For Vehicle BurglariesPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Remembers 9/11 VictimsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Resident Arrested In Multi-Million Dollar FraudPosted 4 weeks ago
- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 1 month ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 2 months ago
- Justice For Alex Teves, Colorado Shooting VictimPosted 3 months ago
- Martin Resigns, Stern Named Interim ManagerPosted 3 months ago
- Verona Resident Killed In Reservation AccidentPosted 3 months ago
- Indictment In Tevlin MurderPosted 3 months ago
- Ryan, Nochimson Lead New Town CouncilPosted 3 months ago
Senior Athlete Of the Week: Remy Sullivan
After Verona High School girls basketball’s long-time power shooter Amanda Langan graduated last year, observers of the team wondered what would become of it. We might have had a better clue to its exceptionally strong season earlier if we had paid attention to the growing strengths of Remy Sullivan.
Sullivan has become a force to be reckoned with this season. She put up six points in the Hillbillies’ first game in December and, with steady focus, has added to her tally in every game since, for a total of 164 points. When VHS rolled over West Side High School in January, Sullivan accounted for almost half of Verona’s scoring. A four-year varsity starter, Remy Sullivan is this week’s Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
When Sullivan is not in the gym, she can often be found down the hill behind F.N. Brown school, playing for the VHS softball team, where she’s been a starter since her freshman year as well. Sullivan is involved with the Youth Group at Our Lady of the Lake and found time in the jam-packed basketball season to be one of the student leaders of VHS’ International Weekend.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Get News Updates By Email
United Way Offers Free Computer Training, Resources
Area residents can learn valuable computer skills and information...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Free Bootcamp Classes At Dynamic Speed & Fitness
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Dynamic Speed...
- Posted 4 hours ago
Learn About Joining Girl Scouts
Girls from kindergarten to 12th grade can learn all...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago