- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 4 days ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 week ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 1 week ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 2 weeks ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 2 weeks ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 2 weeks ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 2 weeks ago
- Fairview Driver Totals Super’s CarPosted 3 weeks ago
- NJ Eyes Virtual Snow DaysPosted 4 weeks ago
- Dodd Terrace Residents Complain About MusicPosted 1 month ago
Teachers Go To College For Common Core Training
Verona sent seven of its teachers to the February Mini-Institute at Teacher’s College, Columbia University from February 17-20. It is part of the Reading and Writing Project.
The purpose of the institute was to help K-8 educators develop the curriculum and methods necessary to ensure that students reach the rigorous new standards for content area literacy embedded in the Common Core. Verona’s teachers were able to collaborate with teachers from all over the country, and told us that they found the experience to be “stimulating, informative, and invigorating”.
Left to right: Anne Marie Ruggiero, Linda Wangner, Claire Duffy, Kristina Ellenbogen, Kelly Flynn and Joan Weiss. Not pictured, Cindy Graves.
Get News Updates By Email
Verona’s Secret Weapon Against Cancer
Avon’s loss is Verona’s gain. Almost four years ago,...
- Posted 5 hours ago
Hillbillies Head To Championship
The Verona High School Hillbillies football team is headed...
- Posted 2 days ago
Cub Scouts Sell Holiday Wreaths
Verona’s Cub Scout Pack 31 is selling fresh holiday...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago