- State Champs! Hillbillies Defeat CresskillPosted 2 weeks ago
- Thanksgiving Game Cancellation StandsPosted 3 weeks ago
- Car Totalled In Avenue CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- Multi-Vehicle Crash Snarls AvenuePosted 4 weeks ago
- Top Stories For October 2014Posted 1 month ago
- Fire Damages Gerdes Avenue HomePosted 1 month ago
- School Field Foes Force Full Project ReviewPosted 1 month ago
- Town, PBA Reach Agreement On Police TechPosted 1 month ago
- Possible Break In Gas Station Murder TrialPosted 1 month ago
- Water Main Break Closes MontrosePosted 1 month ago
Teachers Go To College For Common Core Training
Verona sent seven of its teachers to the February Mini-Institute at Teacher’s College, Columbia University from February 17-20. It is part of the Reading and Writing Project.
The purpose of the institute was to help K-8 educators develop the curriculum and methods necessary to ensure that students reach the rigorous new standards for content area literacy embedded in the Common Core. Verona’s teachers were able to collaborate with teachers from all over the country, and told us that they found the experience to be “stimulating, informative, and invigorating”.
Left to right: Anne Marie Ruggiero, Linda Wangner, Claire Duffy, Kristina Ellenbogen, Kelly Flynn and Joan Weiss. Not pictured, Cindy Graves.
Get News Updates By Email
Laning Parents Rally For Crossing Guard
Laning Avenue School parents are coming together to help...
- Posted 6 hours ago
Christmas At Holy Spirit
With Christmas fast upon us, the Episcopal Church of...
- Posted 23 hours ago
Top Stories For November 2014
Life may be all about that bass for Meghan...
- Posted 1 day ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago