- Verona Blotter August 12– 19, 2016Posted 7 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 29, 2016 – August 5, 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Water Main Break On ClaremontPosted 4 weeks ago
- Street Signs VandalizedPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 15 – July 22, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Three File To Run For BOEPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Recruiting OfficersPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: July 8-15, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Newark Man Arrested, Charged In Fatal Hit-And-RunPosted 2 months ago
- Claremont Construction Halt? Not ReallyPosted 2 months ago
Teachers Go To College For Common Core Training
Verona sent seven of its teachers to the February Mini-Institute at Teacher’s College, Columbia University from February 17-20. It is part of the Reading and Writing Project.
The purpose of the institute was to help K-8 educators develop the curriculum and methods necessary to ensure that students reach the rigorous new standards for content area literacy embedded in the Common Core. Verona’s teachers were able to collaborate with teachers from all over the country, and told us that they found the experience to be “stimulating, informative, and invigorating”.
Left to right: Anne Marie Ruggiero, Linda Wangner, Claire Duffy, Kristina Ellenbogen, Kelly Flynn and Joan Weiss. Not pictured, Cindy Graves.
Get News Updates By Email
Split Decision On Deed Restriction Case
A Superior Court judge has decided that while the...
- Posted 15 hours ago
Green Point Juicery Recognized As Sustainable Business
Small businesses across New Jersey are starting to save...
- Posted 1 day ago
First Presbyterian Welcomes New Pastor
On Sunday, August 21, the First Presbyterian Church of...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago