- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 3 weeks ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 1 month ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 1 month ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Break In On WoodlandPosted 1 month ago
- Home Invasion UpdatePosted 2 months ago
- Senior Citizen Assaulted In Home InvasionPosted 2 months ago
- ‘Star Wars’ Invades VeronaPosted 2 months ago
- Car, Van Collide At Lakeside DeliPosted 2 months ago
- Suspicious Male At PreschoolPosted 3 months ago
Teachers Go To College For Common Core Training
Verona sent seven of its teachers to the February Mini-Institute at Teacher’s College, Columbia University from February 17-20. It is part of the Reading and Writing Project.
The purpose of the institute was to help K-8 educators develop the curriculum and methods necessary to ensure that students reach the rigorous new standards for content area literacy embedded in the Common Core. Verona’s teachers were able to collaborate with teachers from all over the country, and told us that they found the experience to be “stimulating, informative, and invigorating”.
Left to right: Anne Marie Ruggiero, Linda Wangner, Claire Duffy, Kristina Ellenbogen, Kelly Flynn and Joan Weiss. Not pictured, Cindy Graves.
Get News Updates By Email
Centering Prayer At Holy Spirit
The summer is upon us and what a great...
- Posted 17 hours ago
Verona Pianist Wins Music Award
On Saturday, June 13, during the annual student piano...
- Posted 18 hours ago
Town Council’s New Term Starts Wednesday
UPDATE: Because there’s rain in the forecast for Wednesday...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago