- Prostitution Bust In VeronaPosted 1 week ago
- Tevlin Murder Suspect Convicted Of West Orange RobberyPosted 1 week ago
- Verona Hires New Town ManagerPosted 3 weeks ago
- Car Fire Off NewmanPosted 4 weeks ago
- Breitenbach Withdraws From BOE Election, Candidates Forum ScrappedPosted 1 month ago
- Residents Arrested For Vehicle BurglariesPosted 2 months ago
- Verona Remembers 9/11 VictimsPosted 3 months ago
- Resident Arrested In Multi-Million Dollar FraudPosted 3 months ago
- Why PSE&G Is Working On Park AvenuePosted 3 months ago
- Man Arrested For Sexual AssaultPosted 4 months ago
Teachers Go To College For Common Core Training
Verona sent seven of its teachers to the February Mini-Institute at Teacher’s College, Columbia University from February 17-20. It is part of the Reading and Writing Project.
The purpose of the institute was to help K-8 educators develop the curriculum and methods necessary to ensure that students reach the rigorous new standards for content area literacy embedded in the Common Core. Verona’s teachers were able to collaborate with teachers from all over the country, and told us that they found the experience to be “stimulating, informative, and invigorating”.
Left to right: Anne Marie Ruggiero, Linda Wangner, Claire Duffy, Kristina Ellenbogen, Kelly Flynn and Joan Weiss. Not pictured, Cindy Graves.
Get News Updates By Email
Macy’s Parade Gets Verona Helpers
As you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade this morning,...
- Posted 56 mins ago
Verona Community Center Tree Lighting
Verona Recreation will be hosting a tree lighting event...
- Posted 23 hours ago
VHS Names October Students Of The Month
At the Board of Education meeting on November 24,...
- Posted 24 hours ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago