- Verona Police Arrest Burglary SuspectPosted 2 weeks ago
- Police Seek Attempted Robbery SuspectPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 23-30, 2016Posted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Rescue Squad Responds To Hoboken Train CrashPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrest Made In August CrashPosted 4 weeks ago
- Water Main Break In Forest SectionPosted 4 weeks ago
- New Challenge For Verona’s Water SupplyPosted 4 weeks ago
- Pompton Ave. Crash Sends Driver To HospitalPosted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Sept. 9-16, 2016Posted 1 month ago
- Verona Police Blotter: Aug. 26 – Sept. 9, 2016Posted 1 month ago
Teachers Go To College For Common Core Training
Verona sent seven of its teachers to the February Mini-Institute at Teacher’s College, Columbia University from February 17-20. It is part of the Reading and Writing Project.
The purpose of the institute was to help K-8 educators develop the curriculum and methods necessary to ensure that students reach the rigorous new standards for content area literacy embedded in the Common Core. Verona’s teachers were able to collaborate with teachers from all over the country, and told us that they found the experience to be “stimulating, informative, and invigorating”.
Left to right: Anne Marie Ruggiero, Linda Wangner, Claire Duffy, Kristina Ellenbogen, Kelly Flynn and Joan Weiss. Not pictured, Cindy Graves.
Get News Updates By Email
BOE, Town Council Hold Joint Meeting Monday
Verona’s Town Council and Board of Education have a...
- Posted 1 day ago
Roseann McEvoy, 48
Roseann McEvoy, an integrated kindergarten teacher for students with...
- Posted 2 days ago
Rainy Weekend Real Estate
With rain and the temperature both falling, it’s going...
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 5 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 4 years ago