- Police Need Help Solving TheftPosted 3 weeks ago
- Upper Linden Avenue Closed For ConstructionPosted 1 month ago
- Two Arrested In Area BurglariesPosted 1 month ago
- Burglary On AfterglowPosted 1 month ago
- Attempted Break In On WoodlandPosted 1 month ago
- Home Invasion UpdatePosted 2 months ago
- Senior Citizen Assaulted In Home InvasionPosted 2 months ago
- ‘Star Wars’ Invades VeronaPosted 2 months ago
- Car, Van Collide At Lakeside DeliPosted 2 months ago
- Suspicious Male At PreschoolPosted 3 months ago
Letter: Our Schools Need The Referendum
I am a life-long Verona resident and a graduate of VHS. I am writing this as a concerned Verona parent for all of the students and athletes coming up through the Verona school system. It is about time Verona High School looks like it belongs in Verona.
I am also a Verona resident who cares about selling my home someday to a new family that will look at VHS for their young children before they buy in Verona. The schools need this referendum that will be voted on March 11. The classrooms barely get over 60 degrees when the outside air is in the 30’s. The schools need WiFi, security and new doors. Our children’s needs for technology and safety should be a top priority.
If the lower field gets turfed, it will allow soccer and football to practice simultaneously in the fall. The soccer players will eliminate the ride each day to Centennial Field, as well as letting the band practice on a turf field. The band currently practices on the upper parking lot. This creates a safety issue for the band when cars are coming in and out of the lot all day and evening.
My three kids will be graduating soon, so I am looking beyond them. VHS has been a great experience for my children, between the administration, the teachers and coaches. With this referendum it will make VHS and all the schools even better.
I urge everyone to vote for this, our town and our schools need and deserve this.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 4 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 5 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 3 years ago