- Bloomfield Avenue Crash Sends 3 To HospitalPosted 3 days ago
- Verona Police Blotter: March 12-18, 2017Posted 4 days ago
- Verona In Washington: Healthcare, Budget Cuts & Veterans CarePosted 1 week ago
- Verona Public Schools Closed TuesdayPosted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Wins First State Hoops Championship Since 1957Posted 2 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 26–March 4, 2017Posted 3 weeks ago
- Belleville Man Charged In Death Of Verona Woman In Lakeside DWI CrashPosted 3 weeks ago
- 6 File To Run For Town CouncilPosted 3 weeks ago
- Verona Police Blotter: February 17-25, 2017Posted 4 weeks ago
- Driver Sentenced In Hit-And-Run That Killed Verona BusinessmanPosted 1 month ago
Education Group To Screen Acclaimed Movie On Dyslexia
C.H.I.L.D, the Verona non-profit that advocates for children with learning issues, and Verona Schoolsʼ Special Services Department are sponsoring a screening of an important movie on dyslexia on Thursday, March 13.
“The Big Picture”, which was created in conjunction with the Yale Center for Dyslexia, provides insight into the mysteries, difficulties and gifts of dyslexia. After the showing, there will be a question and answer session with a panel of Verona teachers, as well as students, ranging from grades 5 through 11, who will share their personal experience discovering their strengths in the midst of their struggles with this hidden disability. Speech and language expert, Jeanne Tighe, CCC-PLC, of Beyond Communication LLC, will moderate the panel.
This will be an opportunity for teachers, parents and students to learn more about dyslexia, and educators will receive professional development credit hours for this valuable workshop.
Refreshments will be provided, courtesy of the Junior Womanʼs Club of Verona. I AM Possible Dyslexia
Awareness bracelets will be available for purchase, and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to C.H.I.L.D. In addition, representatives from Learning Ally—a provider of audio books making reading accessible for all—will be on site.
The event will be held on Thursday, March 13, and the snow date, if needed, will be the following Thursday, March 20. It will be at F.N. Brown Elementary School auditorium, 125 Grove Avenue, in Verona. Registration opens at 6:30 p.m. and the movie screening starts at 7 p.m. The question and answer panel of students and teachers starts at 8 p.m.
Please RSVP, via email, to [email protected]
For more information about the movie, watch the trailer below, or see its Web site.Click here for reuse options!
Copyright 2014 MyVeronaNJ
Get News Updates By Email
The Library’s Renovation PAL
RepublishReprint Yes, the Verona Public Library is going to...
- Posted 14 hours ago
Verona In Washington: Frelinghuysen Pulls Support For ACA Repeal, Senate Confirms Ambassador To Israel
RepublishReprint The news out of Capitol Hill this week...
- Posted 20 hours ago
Wye Not: A Peter Frelinghuysen Moment
RepublishReprint No, that’s not a typo in the headline....
- Posted 2 days ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
RepublishReprint This is it folks: The last week of...
- Posted 6 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
RepublishReprint Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental....
- Posted 6 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
RepublishReprint With the millions of homes without power around...
- Posted 4 years ago