- Bloomfield Avenue Developer Loses AgainPosted 4 days ago
- Police Complaint: No Solution YetPosted 3 weeks ago
- Police Complaint: Busted Tech, Town Manager IntimidationPosted 3 weeks ago
- Tevlin Family Statement On Murder ArrestsPosted 4 weeks ago
- Arrests Made In Murder Of Veronans’ NephewPosted 4 weeks ago
- Subway Robber Gets 18+ YearsPosted 1 month ago
- Victim Of Fatal Fire IdentifiedPosted 1 month ago
- Fatal Fire On Essex Fells-Verona BorderPosted 1 month ago
- Bonds, Clerk, Police IT Issues Roil Council MeetingPosted 2 months ago
- Water Main Break On MontrosePosted 2 months ago
Senior Athlete Of The Week: Mike Coppola
On Tuesday night, the 6’5″ senior was a key to Verona’s white-knuckle victory in overtime over Millburn High School. As the lead bounced back and forth between the two squads, Coppola put up 11 of Verona’s 48 points, his best showing all season. He’s also been a force in the paint, pulling down 68 rebounds for Verona. For his hard work this season, Michael Coppola is the Verona Sports Boosters Senior Athlete of the Week.
Coppola will get more chances to show his reach as VHS heads into the NJSIAA basketball playoffs next week. And when the snow finally melts off Doc Goeltz Field, look for Coppola to once again be on the third base line for Hillbilly baseball, firing off the long throws that have spelled doom for many opponents at home base.
During the 2013-2014 school year, the Verona Sports Boosters recognizes a different senior athlete at Verona High School every week. The Boosters support male and female athletes in all VHS sports through a variety of fundraisers and recognition events.
Get News Updates By Email
Where In Verona Is It? Week 52
This is it folks: The last week of MyVeronaNJ.com’s...
- Posted 3 years ago
Where In Verona Is It? Week 22
Naughty? Nice? We’re not going to be judgmental. We’re...
- Posted 4 years ago
PSEG: Here’s Verona Outage Map
With the millions of homes without power around New...
- Posted 2 years ago